2016 Rally

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
super jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

2016 Rally

Post by super jim »

I know I'm thinking a little ahead, but I have a location for consideration for the 2016 Rally. It's the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground (BRMC) located about 5 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Cruso, NC. http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

I went there several times back in the early 90's and went back there again last weekend. It's still a great place and great location. They have 18 cabins for rent or you can tent camp if you are more adventurous. They have good bathhouse facilities and they cook breakfast and dinner. Other restaurants are within 25 miles in either direction and you really can't beat the Blue Ridge Parkway for riding. We rode the Valkyrie about 600 miles over the weekend.

The campgrounds are motorcycles only-no cars. So you have to park cars and trailers outside before you cross the bridge to the campground. Parking is limited but the owner said it would not be a problem for us. The V-4 club has been reserving the entire campground for the past 11 years. just have to unhook trailers and park them all in one area and park the cars/trucks in a separate area. But we would need to reserve it way ahead of time to ensure everyone got a place there.

I would be willing to help organize it if that's where it's held next year.

Here's a few pictures from last weekend as Donna and I celebrated our 23 anniversary.
ImageImage

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 2016 Rally

Post by Z Grand »

Looks good to me!

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Is there a motel around for those of us who prefer camping in style to a cabin? I know there are some great places in Brevard, both motels and restaurants.

This area if full of fun roads and close to a lot of neat attractions.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Looks like a nice place. A quick Google maps search found a couple of RV parks not far away too.

If you want to pursue this, I'll do all I can to help.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

harvey wrote:Is there a motel around for those of us who prefer camping in style to a cabin? I know there are some great places in Brevard, both motels and restaurants.

This area if full of fun roads and close to a lot of neat attractions.
This route was part of the rally John Flake put together a few years ago out of Hendersonville. Excellent roads all about. Regarding your comment, Harvey, the nearest motel appears to be about 15 - 20 miles. I can find no restaurants for Cruso. Would appear that a rally centered there would be a 'rustic'.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

super jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by super jim »

There's not much in Cruso itself. There's one little Mexican restaurant and that's about it. It's a dry county so no alcohol so that usually means no big name restaurants. Brevard has everything you need as far as lodging, bars and food. it's about 20 miles away. Waynesville, NC also has plenty to choose from and it's about 15 - 20 miles.

Mark Crane
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mark Crane »

I will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”