Vancouver to Toronto

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Vancouver to Toronto

Post by sasquash »

OK, first off my apology if this post is in the wrong thread. I'm buying a CBX in Vancouver BC and, after inspecting it and if all looks good, I plan on riding it home to Toronto ON. The planned route is: Trail BC, Calgary AB, Regina SG, Winnipeg MB, Thunder Bay ON, Sault Ste. Marie ON, North Bay ON and on to Toronto. This is some 4,700 km and with a bike 35 years old, would expect some problems (but hope for the best).

I'm looking for a list of recommended shops and\or people (and their contact info) along the route who could do repairs, etc. to a CBX as needed.

Also, any tips on what to look for (mechanical weaknesses) when inspecting the CBX would be very welcome.

thanks

sasquash
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Vancouver to Toronto

Post by wyly »

Z
Last edited by wyly on Tue May 08, 2018 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

asacuta
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by asacuta »

If you know you need CBX experience (i.e., your problem isn't more-general), finding someone who's worked on one may be difficult. Mike Briggs owns Performance Cycle & Auto. He's owned and worked on CBXs, and he was an ICOA member, although I don't know if he still is. Here's the link to his shop:

http://www.pcacanada.ca/
Al

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Z
Last edited by wyly on Tue May 08, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by sasquash »

Guys,

thanks for the tips. I'm hoping I won't need them.

Asacuta, you're spot on - I can expect most problems to be of a more general level. I'll also make a list of Honda and other motorcycle shops along the route.

Wyly, the avoidance of Calgary is a natural, thanks.

Also, my apology for not responding sooner. I guess I still don't have the settings correct that would notify me when updates to a post are made.

The paperwork over the purchase and registration of the bike has hit a few snags - my launch date is now June 6.

sasquas
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Z

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”