Santa Fe Motorado

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Santa Fe Motorado

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Might we be able to get someone to do a little 'write-up' with a few good photos for the CBXpress?!? That would be great! Even just a couple hundred words with 4 or 5 photos would do it.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

whitenoirdude
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by whitenoirdude »

Rick:
yep garage crowded. But the uncertainty of going to Santa Fe has grown. I managed to get torn and detached retina. Had eye surgery, right eye. Not healed up yet. Can't travel over 7500 feet because of gas bubble in eye. Santa Fe is at 7200 feet. No way to get there from Grand Junction with out going over mountain passes (remember Red Mountain pass between Ouray and Silverton -- 11,300 feet? or Molas pass between Silverton and Cortez? 10,900 feet or Monarch -- 11,300 feet or Slumgullion -- 11,529? The lowest Colorado route I could requires two passes the lowest over one over 9,000 (Dallas Divide). I could go the long way through Utah and hit a couple passes under 9000 but still over 7500 There are routes to Calgary that are lower. This is depressing. I already paid the registration fee for two bikes. Likelihood of being able to go is nearing zero. So I will drink micro brews and make some ice cream and dream of fresh peaches. Janet and I say howdy to Susan
Keith

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Dang Keith. I was so looking forward to the pictures and some flowery prose about your escapade. But knowing you, you'll make the best of it.

I still have a growler from Ridgway Brewery hanging in my garage, empty of course. I believe you paid a deposit on it?

Susan and I may be heading to Colorado in August. Her sister and BIL bought a "ranch" (city slicker term for large yard) just west of Ft. Collins. We'll bring bikes and do a couple of long loops.

Give Janet a hug for us.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Yow, sorry to hear about your eye, hope it heals fast and well.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

portalespeanut
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by portalespeanut »

Looks like fun Vince! Am hammering on my bike...if I'm fortunate enough to have it back together, I'll try to join You all.
You begin cutting your wisdom teeth the first time you bite off more than you can chew...

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”