2015 Winter Meet

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

2015 Winter Meet

Post by Rick Pope »

Okay folks. The response of the idea of meeting in Cleveland again has been underwhelming, so it appears there will be no official ICOA contingent there this year.

I contacted Dale Walksler of Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, and he said the lights are out until spring, so a winter meet in the Smokies holds little promise. If someone has an idea of an interesting destination where we can attend an event or museum of mutual interest, I'm all ears.

Does anyone know of interesting places in St. Louis? Pittsburg? Nashville? Anywhere else?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: 2015 Winter Meet

Post by daves79x »

Rick:
Are you folks still planning to go to Cleveland? We probably will, at least for a day trip to the M/C show. We could overnight if you folks were coming, or anyone else?

Dave

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Rick,

If you are looking for a motorcycle museum to visit and have a meeting perhaps even on site hosted by the museum you might want to check with the AMA for their museum in Pickerington, Ohio.

If that is not workable, how about the Barber Museum in Alabama? Of course there is the National MC Museum in Anamosa, Iowa.

There is also the Motorcycle Museum in Newburgh, NY.

There are many others but these four come to mind immediately as places to visit. And they may be willing to provide meeting facilities for a group that supports an older motorcycle like the CBX.

Of course there may also be the simple fact that the Club does not have enough business to discuss for the Directors to need to get together and plan for 2015, but I have no knowledge of that. I do know that with no events yet promoted for 2015, the ICOA is sort of being blocked out of my calendar for the year at this point again. That is certainly my fault for belonging to other groups. And when they plan something that sounds real interesting I tend to sign up and start planning my calendar for the next year and for me this process already began in July of this year.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

daves79x wrote:Rick:
Are you folks still planning to go to Cleveland? We probably will, at least for a day trip to the M/C show. We could overnight if you folks were coming, or anyone else?

Dave

I am sure the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Cleveland is on the list for quite a few people!
I have not seen a post here where people could voice their interest. The only thing we had was an e-mail communication among a few.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

I think you're correct Mike - perhaps we should see who's going via a post here and plan accordingly. I'm sure we could come up with a hotel for those staying over. All that said, yes we should also nail down the couple of events we know about for next year. Bill Brint and Jan were seriously talking about a rally in W. North Carolina, I believe. We should rattle the bushes a bit, I think.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I'll start a new thread asking for response to Cleveland. As of today, we are available. It's a three day trip for us if we want to enjoy it. One day is a bit of a stretch.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”