Vintage Motorcyle Ride August 25.

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Vintage Motorcyle Ride August 25.

Post by EMS »

A motorcycle dealer in Canton, Ohio, Spike’s Vintage Motorsports, puts on a ride for vintage bikes 25 years and older, once a month. We decided to go. We met at Ferraro’s Family Restaurant, off of Rte 30 at the corner of Raff and Navarre Rds. It was hard to count due to some real late arrivals, but when we pulled out at 9:00 a.m. there had to be around 20 bikes. And FOUR of them were CBXes.
Pretty good showing: Greg from Green on a black ’80, Andy from Cleveland on his red ’79, Dave from Akron on a pristine high serial number Perseus Silver ’79 and Cindy and me on our ’81 Prolink

Dave's 79
Greg's 80, Our '81
Andy's '79
My friend Dana' Hurricane is always a crowd magnet:
One rare sight:
The ride leader. 1975 H2 in Purple:

gak1047
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Vintage Motorcyle Ride August 25.

Post by gak1047 »

Nice pictures Mike. After the ride someone made the comment that at last count they had 29 bikes. Needless to say it was a fun time!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

That must have been a great collection of exhaust notes when you rode down the street.
There is a guy near me with a Hurricane and it has a terrific tone.

Andy 6 Guns #5871
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Andy 6 Guns #5871 »

This was the first time me and my buddy Dave( '62 honda 450 vert. twin 'black bomber') made the run. Nice roads, nice pace, great people. We had a blast and hope to do it again. If you can, I highly advise joining in.

Hey Mike - was nice to see you and Cindy again. I thought we could talk some more at the post ride stop but saw you couldn't/didn't make it, maybe next time. Good riding with you.

The collection of exhaust notes was awesome. The 750 two stroke really stoood out and was part of what made my day.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Andy 6 Guns #5871 wrote: Hey Mike - was nice to see you and Cindy again. I thought we could talk some more at the post ride stop but saw you couldn't/didn't make it, maybe next time. Good riding with you.

Sorry Andy, the final leg did lead us too far from the route home and we decided to skip that hour. It was indeed nice to meet you this way. Hope to do this again! We have to hold up the CBX part!

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Ok, I'm a little 'cheesed' at the moment :evil:
Why, oh why, are there never any events like this near me :(
FOUR X's, a Kawi two-stroke triple ( with chambers !! ), a Hurricane, a Black Bomber, among others, and these rides go on once a month?
Soooooo jealous :D

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

bikeymikey748 wrote: Why, oh why, are there never any events like this near me :(
Mike: I want to be careful here and not sound stuck-up, but I think we have a unique situation here in Ohio. Although not one of the largest or most important states in the Union, Ohio has, I think, the fourth largest population of motorcyclists in the U.S.. Despite of the relatively short riding season compared to, for example, California, we have a lot of mc events and activities. Considering that AMA headquarters and the museum are here and that we have two great racetracks with bike events -Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges, make motorcycling in Ohio rather popular. The riding roads in the south-eastern part of the state are awesome.

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Mike: I want to be careful here and not sound stuck-up, but I think we have a unique situation here in Ohio. Although not one of the largest or most important states in the Union, Ohio has, I think, the fourth largest population of motorcyclists in the U.S.. Despite of the relatively short riding season compared to, for example, California, we have a lot of mc events and activities. Considering that AMA headquarters and the museum are here and that we have two great racetracks with bike events -Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges, make motorcycling in Ohio rather popular. The riding roads in the south-eastern part of the state are awesome.
Oh sure, that makes me feel better, Mike. Sarcasm? Me?
I think it's time to reevaluate my strike areas, riding-wise that is!
Still jealous :D
And...I forgot to mention that XN85, first time around.

80 cbx dude #6216
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by 80 cbx dude #6216 »

Mike, when are these rides held on Sundays? Perhaps with a little notice some more CBXers could make it out next year!!!-Mike

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I will get a schedule for next year, if they have one, and post it. It is usually one certain Sunday each month.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”