2013 CBX Mega "Raly" Photos

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

2013 CBX Mega "Raly" Photos

Post by Z Grand »

Please post any pictures you took at the June 2013 CBX Mega "Rally" here. I especially would like to see the pictures taken by the "official" photographer - Mrs. McMunn. Here are a couple I took:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rick Pope on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: original poster noticed the "raly" had been changed. I changed it back.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: 2013 CBX Mega "Raly" Photos

Post by daves79x »

Official photographer is working on it!

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Oh man, looking at only these two, I am already totally upset that I couldn't make it. This must have been the largest congregation of CBXes in the U.S. for quite some time.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

There were well over 20 CBXs there at least for a day at the rally. I think 18 or 19 for the photo. Not bad for these days. A big percentage of attendees brought CBXs. I even brought a six cylinder Honda. There were enough CBXs there to have real judging and all awards were given out. More on all that as pics arrive.

Dave

kauai1800
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by kauai1800 »

Sweet pics!

I wish I could've brought my '81 to establish the "low point" in the judging! :P All these bikes look 1000% cleaner than my school bike.

It makes me go, "Oh that's how that's supposed to look" lol.

More photos please....

dcmcmunn
ICOA Membership Director
ICOA Membership Director

Post by dcmcmunn »

Here are some of my pictures. Hope I have categories for bike show correct or at least close. Note to Jan--please change how pictures are uploaded when we redo web page. This takes forever!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thank you Z and Diane for posting the pics.
Looks like a good time and great to see that many CBXs together.

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Thanks for posting the pictures, Diane. Vern Adams (thats me 8)) actually won "Best Early Modified". I'm pretty sure Dick Gunderson won "Best of Show" with his fantastically detailed white-painted machine.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Vern:

Thanks for the comments. We weren't quite sure about those 2 awards - thanks for clearing that up.

Dave

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

Corrections have been made... Thanks Vern.

I should also add that the award for late model modified went to Marcus Hyde, who was hiding. So no picture. I am grateful that there were no serious accidents during this event, although Marcus did cause his wife to break her arm when he told her to push the CBX back up from a pillion position...

The weather was great, the roads were fabulous and the company was exquisite. Couldn't have wished for better, perhaps some more people as a lot of food was left over. We have to wonder when a club puts on an event where two meals and a T-Shirt are included for a $25 rally fee, why there wouldn't be more people there, you cannot get a deal like this in a soup-kitchen!

I apologize that the CBXPress with the information did not make it out until a few days before the event, but still, hope to see even more attendees at next year's national event, the location of which is currently under discussion.

Enclosed some pics; Enjoy!

Cheers, Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

C2CDan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by C2CDan »

A huge thanks to those who posted pix of the rally, from one who would have loved to have been there, but work interfered. (I know, I know - priorities are messed up, right?).
See y'all at Barber in October!
Dan in FL

Mark Crane
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mark Crane »

i would like to add a comment about the last georgia rally. with much anticipation and the prospect of my son and i riding our cbxs togther,we worked night after night after night to make this happen.seven months later we show up with two cbxes and less than ten miles on mine.saturday morning morning we went to unload our bikes and realized I HAVE NO KEYS.then we met dave mcmunn and rick pope.in comes bill brint.after my heart restarted they immidiately offered to help in any way they could.these folks are my new friends.they helped make a dream to come true for me and my son.i would like to say thank you for making us feel welcomed and the willingess to help.god bless you all.

Mark and Matthew Crane
Charleston, South Carolina (a great place to have a rally!)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Excellent summary to the rally, Mark.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Mark,

You will find that those of us who have been to many rallies, tend to try to help newbies, because that's how we were treated when we first came along. Back in '92 or '93, when I attended my first event, the folks were very generous with time and help. I'm just passing it on.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Oh man,I have to make an effort to get to one of these events, looks like so much fun!
Thanks to all who made it happen, andpostedthe pics for all of us to drool over!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”