2013 CBX Mega "Raly" Photos

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: 2013 CBX Mega "Rally" Photos

Post by daves79x »

Just looking back over the rally photos from last year and thought it appropriate to mention that there is no prohibition from having a rally in Canada, or anywhere else - we've had several good ones up there in years past (a LOT of years past). This is a common comment from all over - guys 'hope' they can attend a rally some day. Guys - 'some' day will never come for a lot of you unless YOU step up and organize a rally in your corner of the world. Used to happen all over the US and Canada. It's easy to do and you can get all the help and free publicity you want here and elsewhere. So to me, there are 3 choices: (1) Organize the CBXers in your neck of the woods for a rally, (2) Actually bite the bullet and travel a long way to where there is a rally (as many have done), (3) Continue to hope that some day (1) or (2) will come true.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Good points Dave. I here comments from members that there are no rallies close to them, but when I ask them if they'd like to organize one themselves, they decline.

For what it's worth, there may be a rally in 2015 in Montana and the Canadian Rockies. I hope to do the leg work this summer.

For any folks interested, the VJMC is having a national in Indiana. CBXs are welcome. Most of us have other bikes that fit the VJMC as well as our CBXs too.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Hey - Who changed my spelling of the word "Raly" in the original post? If you check the t-shirts from the event, you'll find the word rally was mis-spelled by the printer as "RALY". It was kind of a running joke at the event. :lol:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Z Grand wrote:Hey - Who changed my spelling of the word "Raly" in the original post? If you check the t-shirts from the event, you'll find the word rally was mis-spelled by the printer as "RALY". It was kind of a running joke at the event. :lol:
Fixed it.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 2013 CBX Mega "Raly" Photos

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Tic Toc, as they say. I like to never say never. Besides some of my most memorable rides have come from showing up unannounced.
I remember the look on my uncle's face when I rapped on the door and stood looking at them through the screen. They lived in Trail BC, I had come from Montreal. They had no idea that I would be passing by. We still smile thinking about it.
So don't be too surprised......Hey, you never know :D

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Mike:

That'd be great to see you at a future rally 'by surprise' - just understand that the rallies don't just happen 'by surprise'. I guess that was my point - no offense.

Dave

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Mello »

Wow, great pics and impressive looking line up.

2 years ago, we had our blackbird gathering in Mossel Bay - a mere 1400km ride away for me. :D
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." - Enzo Ferrari

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Absolutely, Dave, and no disrespect on my part. I have nothing but respect for the organizing and sacrifice that folks put themselves through, to put on events. My intention wasn't to slight any of those, hard-working, folks.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”