Morro Bay CBX Rally 2011

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Morro Bay CBX Rally 2011

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for the follow-up, Ray.
I still like the feel of my Corbin but as you well know the fit with the tailpiece is far less than perfect.
Mike, pretty sure the Spondon belongs to Jagracer, a couple of messages above. There are some pics in his profile.

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

EMS wrote:Ray: Who owns the Spondon? Like to know for a picture caption. I know the Martin is Phil Taber's 8)
The Spondon belongs to a guy named Jason and he lives fairly close to Morro Bay.
Jason had been to a Morro rally about 10 years ago but, evidently not with his Spondon.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Doh!! :doh: :doh: Reading posts and looking at pictures would help, Mike.....Thanks guys! :oops: :oops:

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Thanks for the follow-up, Ray.
I still like the feel of my Corbin but as you well know the fit with the tailpiece is far less than perfect.
Mike, pretty sure the Spondon belongs to Jagracer, a couple of messages above. There are some pics in his profile.
Yes, the tail piece is not a perfect fit but, mine is not a perfect CBX and gets ridden hard even if only on a weekend since I put that last 0 mile school bike engine in her. I did just score another 0 mile school bike engine last week but, that is for another thread. 8)

Darrel has talked me into going to other CBX events on the west coast but, I can't make it to Reno in two weeks because I don't have the money after all crazy money that I have spent in the past week and a half but, I am making good money for me lately and will be able to go with these drunks & bums on other CBX rides in the near future. 8) I am looking forward to these longer rides too, my very comfortable seat'd VFR1200F should handle it no problem. 8)
This image was taken at Corbin in Hollister while they were doing their thing for my seats last week. ;-)
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I am not a fan of Corbin's, mainly because of their poor fit and lousy service attitude. If they were that close, though, that may be different.

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

EMS wrote:I am not a fan of Corbin's, mainly because of their poor fit and lousy service attitude. If they were that close, though, that may be different.
My CBX's Gunfighter had a bad fit issue when I got it but, they fixed it up for me 7 years ago and it does fit pretty well now.
My VFR's Corbin fits the bike perfectly, there is no issue at all with the fit to the bike but, the fit to me was a bit harsh and had to be addressed in person which they took care of in short order last Thursday, we were rolling back down the road by 14:20hrs with perfectection.
I can't have an uncomfortable seat under my boney ass and a Corbin Gunfighter breaks in over about a thousand miles to fit perfectly to my noassatall boney structure.
I am happy with Corbin products but, being fairly close to Hollister does have advantages not everyone else can experience.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Yeah and that echoes my experience too, right down to the bony ass. My Corbin on my ST1100 was very comfortable, but it fit poorly and I had a lot of fiddling with the rear latch bar off and on over the years trying to make it work right. And it did take a while to break in, but at the end if was more or less a cast of my butt.

I do love me my Sargent seats though. Very happy with those that I have had.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

The trip to Hollister and then down to Morro Bay was an absolute blast but, it was good to sleep in my own bed last night and use my shower this morning, the shave feels good too.
Thanks to those that put this Morro Bay CBX Rally event on every year and allow me to participate, Laurie and I thoroughly enjoy the hell out of it. 8)
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”