Event Report by Rick Pope

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Event Report by Rick Pope

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope sends me here with his regards for everyone...
He attended a local bike event on Sunday and snapped a few shots which he would like to share with all of us. He is rather busy in the fields right now and asked me to do this for him:
A Bimota, and unfortunately, due to the lack of a wide angle lens, the Hurricane to the right got cut off

One of Jimmy Zemanek's latest CBX creations. Sweet bike. The beauty is in the details

Another view

Here is the BMW department. Two of the most collectible beemers, an early Ketchup and Mustard K1 and a Silver Smoke R90S next to a Suzuki Water Buffalo

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Event Report by Rick Pope

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

A very eclectic collection of bikes. That would have been a good event to attend,
It looks like a Bimota V-Due, their home made 2 stroke. http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/03/ ... v-due.html
Years ago a friend had an RE-5 rotary but it was not as nice as the one crowding the BMWs. Lousy bike but the backfires and flames it produced were fun.
The music coming from stock Hurricane pipes when on the gas is wonderful!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote: Years ago a friend had an RE-5 rotary but it was not as nice as the one crowding the BMWs. Lousy bike but the backfires and flames it produced were fun.
Ooops! :oops: :oops: Thanks for catching this, Steve! I didn't even look beyond that large water cooler. The dual front brake rotors and the paint scheme, should have given it away! :roll:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Thanks Mike, for posting those pics. I do have other pics of the V-Due and Hurricane, a Vincent and lots of other interesting bits that rode in. There was even a '27 Henderson. :wink:

It's frustrating me to have this beautiful fall weather, and I have to be in a harvester. Was in the cab nine hours straight Saturday. Felt good to get out and stretch my legs. Did take off part of Sunday though.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote: It's frustrating me to have this beautiful fall weather, and I have to be in a harvester. Was in the cab nine hours straight Saturday. Felt good to get out and stretch my legs. Did take off part of Sunday though.
Rick: Don't despair, you are riding the success :!: Here are a few quotes form today's WSJ:

"Farm Belt Bounces Back"

"Corn, Soybean, Cotton Prices Advance As Asian Demand Lifts U.S. Heartland"

"Contracts for the delivery of corn.. into mid-2011 jumped Monday by 5%.."

"Farmland values are up while those for some other kinds of real estate languish"

"Debt on the farm is manageable, incomes are rising"

Congratulations, Rick! It is always good to see a nice, hard working guy doing well also, not only crooked politicians and schemers. :!:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I have to admit, times are good on the farm now. I spent so many years struggling, pinching pennies, that now it feels like I'm rolling in $. In reality, I'm still solidly middle class income, but enjoying it more.

It's a good time to erase all that red ink I've accumulated over the last 35 years, so I can retire debt free. Ahhh, the American Dream.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Good to hear, Rick, good to hear! You deserve it :!:

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”