Barber Festival

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Barber Festival

Post by EMS »

Our busy President :mrgreen: posted the below message in the Rally section. Unfortunately, you can not respond to it there.So I copied it here:
Hi All,
In talking with some of the officials at Barber Museum, they would love the ICOA to have an event coincide with their vintage festival. I just post this to gauge the interest, who would be up for meeting up near Atlanta for October 8-10 2010?

Please check out http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/

If enough interest, we can arrange to have a tent and a formal display for the club on site.

Cheers, Jan

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Barber Festival

Post by EMS »

I would definitely take part in that event! 8)

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Rain or shine, I will be at Barber. If they have to bring me in a pine box. Probably through Ky, Tn, Al. Atlanta would be a detour.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Barber was great! Awesome bikes all over. Great place to be at this time. As it is almost the end of the riding season for me, it is a final highlight.
And I can't find my SD card with the pictures. :shock: :shock: :twisted: Still looking :roll:

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Indeed it was, Mike. Unfortunately, neither of us knew the other was there. Was the best Barber yet from the weather to the swap meet to the racing and overall fan turn-out. Incidentally, do you (or anybody else) know what a "7 mile engine" is? Or, maybe, it was "7 mile bike". It was in the auction. Also, what went for? Very nice '79: looked about stock/ unrestored; 4600 miles. But, then, I'm no expert.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Larry Zimmer wrote:Indeed it was, Mike. Unfortunately, neither of us knew the other was there. .

Larry I knew you (and a few others) had said they would be down there. Originally I had planned to take time out and make a "real" trip with a couple of bikes in a trailer,(see my post above) but work threw a wrench intot hat and I had to cancel that. Then out of the blue, an opportunity popped up to join a few friends (and professional motorcycle collectors) in a private plane for a quick trip down Saturday morning and back Sunday night. While I kept my eyes open for you and others, I could not make a serious effort to track you down, sorry as I had to hang with the group, sorry!

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Some miscellaneous Barber photos.

Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”