Are there no more ride em to the rally rallies anymore?

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Are there no more ride em to the rally rallies anymore?

Post by EMS »

sixofsix wrote:Yes, that is my workhorse 79 silver CBX. Sometimes I wish I could find a better suited bike to ride. Last year I rode back from Morro, CA to Lumby, BC in one day @1,506 miles, imagine how much farther I could have rode, esp, as I had to stop every 120 miles to fuel up. Mind you, I cheated as I rode my 82 CBX that time :wink: ...ha! The main thing to me is, I must ride a CBX, as it calms my soul and is fairly familar for me to ride. And tyres are $53 & $62 each for Dunlops at Dennis Kirk. Finally, it takes a very peculular idiot to keep riding a CBX almost all year round...well, and an electric vest, gloves and sox..... :face:

Tony

You are almost ready for a BMW GS, Tony..... :D :D :D

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

EMS wrote:Then again, if I only had CBXes, I would probably ride a CBX - if I would go.
Sadly, there are few CBX's at any CBX rally anymore . . . . trucked, trailered or ridden there. It seems even the guys who do still own CBX's don't show up with them at rallies much anymore - Maybe we need to rename the club?

You do get an interesting assortment of excuses as to why their owners show up, but their bikes don't though :wink:

Don

bigfish_Oh
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bigfish_Oh »

When I do show up, I'll be on the next logical choice
2009 GMC 3500 Duramax CC Dually 4wd
1999 Valkyrie Orange/Black
1957 WD45 Allis Chalmers Grandpa bought new
ICOA #1214

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I decidecd to put my 2 cents worth in here. I find myself riding other bikes more often. I love my CBX's but it's getting harder and harder to keep them running between maintenance, parts availability, and a worn out body. I plan on riding them sporadically until my 50th wedding anniversary and then I'll probably retire myself to one of these. http://www.spinlife.com/Invacare-Top-En ... heelchairs High performance and light weight. My 50th wedding anniversary will be here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black%27s_Beach in 2056 and everyone's invited. Be ready for a long climb down to the beach though. If you make it to my wedding anniversary, just look for the old, clay animation figure, all dried up.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”