Bike Week 2010

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
tatios
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Bike Week 2010

Post by tatios »

Anyone planning anything for Daytona Bike Week 2010? Wondering if I should drag the CBX's down to Daytona this year.
Ed Tatios, Jr
ICOA #3494

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Drag? :? Drag? :P Its only a 954 mile ride, how's the weather up your way? :)
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

There are usually a few of us down there for the festivities. as the time gets closer, plans will gel. At least they have in the past.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Dan Carr has asked me to post the Daytona info here. Here's what he sent:

Looks like a "GO" for BW, from the 27th Feb. to 07 Mar.
I'm leaving on a 3-day Sea Trial very shortly, so will be outta touch.
Our unit this year is #1726 in the North tower.
All the other info should remain the same.
Lookin' fwd. to seeing as many Xers as can make it!
Regards,
Dan

I'd like tto cut/paste the info from last year with this, but can't find it. Anyone know where it went? Spring cleaning? :lol:

It's like this week, with Susan being off school because of the snow, she's cleaning out drawers and cabinets. That means I'll spend the next year looking for things. :?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

C2CDan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Bike Week -Daytona 2010

Post by C2CDan »

YESSSSSSSSSSS - It's on. Mon. & Tues. are vintage races - look for at least 1 CBX just after the "Horseshoe" in the infield. Depending on interest, we'll do a "loop" ride on Wed. The Caribbean Jack's Lunch (on the Mainland side, just South of the Breezewood St. bridge) on Thurs., with the 5th Annual CBXer Get-Together on Thurs. evening, a DeLand Bike Auction visit on Fri., and anything anyone wants to do - the Wyo-Tech dyno tests are interesting, and last year Jason Britten's stunt group and Dragster Steve Johnson put on great shows. This is a boring I-95 ride for 12 miles, but probably worth it. Put yer ole X on the dyno!

Like Rick's post says, the OceanWalk unit is on the 17th floor, oceanfront, North Tower #1726, at 300 N. Atlantic Boulevard (Rt. A1A). Park in the city lot and walk across the covered elevated pedestrian bridge and turn left into the South Tower. Continue straight on past Reception and into the North tower, and take the elevator to the 17th floor. Jane will have her usual spread, and we welcome all Xers and friends/guests.

Sorry this is so late, but I'm sending this from deep in Bayou Country, Port Fourchon, LA (no, it isn't on your map - it's the jumping-off place for most of the oilfield gear shipped to rigs in the Gulf, located South of Golden Meadow and Galliano).

We look forward to seeing y'all!
Dan Carr

C2CDan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Daytona Bike week Contact Number

Post by C2CDan »

I left out the contact number: My cell phone is (904) 254-6965.
If I don't answer, I'm riding, and will check for missed calls & messages when I can, and call you back. It would help to have RSVPs if you can make the Thursday lunch and the later soiree at the condo.
Cheers & thanks,
Dan Carr

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

We'll see you there. We leave tomorrow morning.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

For those of you who may be undecided. let me say that Dan leads great rides, and put on a VERY nice party.

I sure wish I could make it........ :cry:
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Oh boy, I really wish I were there....
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”