Upcoming PA Rally

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Upcoming PA Rally

Post by Carl »

Any idea how many people are attending? Anyone got a room to share?
Thanks...Carl
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Upcoming PA Rally

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Carl wrote:Any idea how many people are attending? Anyone got a room to share?
Thanks...Carl
Great video........that same thing has happened to me....to be exact.... at the Marlinton, St. Clairsville and Pocanos rallies..... late in the eve..........I was not running though.
:cheers: :shock: :crazy: :no :cheers:

Is Ripper not going to make it. :?: :( :( :( :( :( :?:
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Carl:
If you need a roomate, you'd probably better bring your own. As of today only 3 or 4 rooms have been reserved. It won't be a problem to get a room here at the last minute, and I assume that's what folks are planning to do. If not, we'll have a great 2 days of riding with whoever few show up.

I'm not really surprised, as the summer has been pretty full with CBX activities. However, we are a month past the last event and Brookville isn't exactly in the middle of nowhere. It is within half a day's ride/drive for probably 100 club members. So it's not too late to reserve and make plans to get here. We'll have 2 full days of riding (Friday and Saturday) through some very nice country. Hope to see you there!

Dave

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Carl

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

George here in Delaware

I plan on getting there Early Friday morning and will stay Friday and Saturday nights.

Your more than welcome to share if you stilll need a place to hang the helmet. It would cut the room tariff a little.

Let me know. I'll be in the pickup with a bike in a trailer.

Let me know.

Less room exspense, more dough for CBX goodies.
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

If it was within half a day's drive for me, I'd be there with bells on - Unfortunately, it's 1150 miles . . . . and an equal distance to get back home

Don

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Our numbers seem to be growing exponentially (well, at least rapidly). We are probably near 20 as of today. Pretty good for just 4 last week. Bob and I (rally hosts) just wish more folks would have committed earlier as numbers have a big effect on eating arrangements, ride plans, evening activities, etc. Don't worry, though, we have you all covered! Look forward to seeing everyone next weekend. I started a new thread for details of rides/eats for those coming Friday and Saturday during the day.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Dave:

Cindy and I may be last minute additions. I am trying to find details like hotel, actual location, etc. We may arrive Friday night.

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Motel

Bootlegger

Quality Inn , Brookville Pa.

1-814-849-8381

I made reservations last ight, the phone rang a long time, but when the lady did pickup, she was very nice and real helpful.

I mentioned the $70.00 rate and the ICOA/CBX club.

They want a credit card to hold the room.

I hope that's been helpful, hope to see there.

George , in Delaware

PS I asked for an Outside, ground level room and she was able to do that. Those rooms have a sliding glass door and a deck. She said a lot of guys put there bikes on the deck outside of the room.

Years ago while I was traveling and staying in motels on the bike. At that time (a 1971 HONDA CB750K1) I'D OPEN THE SLIDER IN THE MOTEL IN LEXINGTON KENTUCKY AND BRING THE BIKE INTO THE ROOM AND PARK IT NEXT TO THE BED. THOSE WHERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Mike:
All the rally info for Brookville is posted in the rally info section. If you need anything else, let me know.

Dave

Andy 6 Guns #5871
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Andy 6 Guns #5871 »

Hello Dave

Just made reservations for Fri. night, I plan on doing the Friday and Sat.
rides and heading home late Sat. night. I have to be back in Cleveland for a Sunday morning commitment.

Anyone want to travel together? I'll be heading out of the cleveland area
around 6:30 a.m. Fri. going I-480 east to I-80.

Hope we have dry weather, I need a good ride!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

Here is to wishing you all good weather, great eats, super company, and most importantly, safe riding!!

Wish I could make it.

Steve

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Need to sort some things out first Monday/Tuesday before I finally commit but I am actually shooting for arrival on Thursday to be able to join you for the Friday ride. Need to leave early Sunday to get home by around noon. Should be possible, it is only some 150 miles from where we are. Will trailer, will bring a CBX and "the other six" for some analytic conversation :wink:

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Hey Andy in Clevland,,, I used to have relaticves in CHAGRIN fALLS

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Weather, weather, weather - what's the forecast for that area :?: :?:

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Mike:
Right now, says sunny for Thursday and 30% chance of iso thunderstorms Fri and Sat. I'm sure it will change. Just type Brookville into whatever weather service you watch and you will get the latest.

Dave

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”