nice day for a ride

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

nice day for a ride

Post by cbxtacy »

went for a ride today. Lot's of traffic today. I had to share the road with 6 bikes. Managed to get pass them all, 5 were easy, 1 was difficult. He was pushing it. In case you're wondering, life isn't like this every day here in socal. Last year I had to curtail my riding for a few days because of the fires. Then a couple months ago the roads stayed moist with a gentle rainfall so I couldn't push it hard. But it's usually just like this. The travel time is hideous though. It takes atleast 5 minutes to get to roads like these.
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 0_2485.flv
and how often do you catch up to a fairly big truck on a winding road and the first time he gets to a spot in the road wide enough to pull off and let me by, he pulls off and lets me by?
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 0_2488.flv
It happens all the time here in sunny Southern California . So how's the weather today in your part of town?
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Big pig of a tanker truck has better manners than the Tour de France wannabees. Hmmm...
After watching you and Ray in the hills George, i really need to move.
Thanks for posting.

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

You really need to get a job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I'm just envious, the sun glinting on the speedo as man & machine cleave their way through suburbia...

Can't remember the last time I saw the effin sun, guess what, first day of fall....Anyone have a f$%&ing gun I may borrow.. :?
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Glad someone is getting out these days... 8) BTW, what brand of thrashing machine was in that sound file you used? :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Terry wrote:Glad someone is getting out these days... 8) BTW, what brand of thrashing machine was in that sound file you used? :lol:
Based on a 1923 Max Friz designed engine now called "The Boxer"...

Last edited by ICOA WebTeam on Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed embeded video
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Excellent weather the last couple of days here in NE Ohio. It takes us only about 2 minutes to get out into the country :lol: :lol: Sunday we rode to Pittsburgh, to Jerome Bettis' resturant for lunch, right next to Heinz Field. Not as nice as Terry's ride, but for not having an ocean... :roll: Route 30 was pretty scenic. Last Night it was to Tuesday Bike Night at Wink's in Barberton. Took the KZ for a test ride after rebuilding the brakes from the Vintage Days desaster :roll: Pretty relaxing on Rte 94 to State Rd to Reimer to Barberton and back on Rte 162. Today I did like George and hopped on my wife's bike and gave the Sportster a little workout. Hadn't been moved much for a year and a half. Was down lately with a broken choke knob and some carb problems which turned out to be a sticking float valve needle. After messing with the airscrew by mistake when putting the carb back together, the little bike runs like a scalded dog.... :shock: :shock:

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

and how often do you catch up to a fairly big truck on a winding road and the first time he gets to a spot in the road wide enough to pull off and let me by, he pulls off and lets me by?
If I saw what I imagine George to look like in my mirror, I would pull over too. :D Nice ride, nice video.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

And I went for another ride yesterday. I'm afraid I didn't get many photo's. I did get a few and will post later. I left friday evening, stopped at falldownphil's and spent the night. The next morning Phil, Dave (friend of Phil's) and I rode up to Morro Bay for a little get together. On the way up we stopped at the Burger Barn and I had a Jalapena burger for breakfast. Dan knows what they taste like, it was excellent. Phil was on a Goldwing and Dave was on a Suz GS1000 hotrod. I was on my 82. At Morro Bay I had a soda, saw some friends, went by the apartment my mother used to live at and talked to the landlady. Then I turned around and went home. Stopped in Orange County at a friends on the way home. Friday evening was a 140 mile evening and Saturday was a 640 mile day. Half of it on the interstates and the other half on roads so desolate that if you crash, you will be airlifted out. In the bellies of the vultures that eat you. You might go 50 miles before you catch up to someone you have to pass. You're not that far away from civilization but these roads don't go anywhere and get very little use. One stretch (a very fun stretch) is 10 miles and straight. No turns. But there's hills there. Every time you crest a hill and go down the other side it feels like you get airtime. I had to turn around and go back over that stretch of road. Next time I'll have a video camera.
YOU'RE THE ONE

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Still raining over here, they say cyanide is very quick.....
ICOA # 656

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

I built this yesterday to haul the busa around in the back of the truck,looking forward to a ride out to the burger barn soon :lol:

Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Fall is announcing its arrival! It was cooler today and it sprinkled on and off throughout the morning until early afternoon. We rode this morning to breakfast with the BMW club and as nobody wanted to go for a ride afterwards, we took the long way home through "The Valley". Got wet a little. I was sitting in front of the pc with a cup of tea spiced with a shot of rum ( that's rhum, Larry! :wink: )

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

and here's a few pic's of my little ride to Morro Bay with falldownphil and Dave.
Here's where we stopped for brunch, I had a Jalapeno Burger. Excellent.
and here's Dave's GS1000. He's had it about 15 years. It's fast. See the flat sides? And fairly light. He chopped off everything not neccessary.
and here's the typical mode of transportation in Cuyama (population 20+-?) just your typical chevy impala caprice
It was an enjoyable day.
YOU'RE THE ONE

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

Way to rub it in George :evil:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”