Indy MotoGP

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Indy MotoGP

Post by Rick Pope »

I'll be attending the MotoGP on Sunday, along with my bride a couple of other folks. If any of you are there, let me know and we'll meet up.

Our place is about 100 miles south-east of Indy, near Cincinnati, very near I-74. We have room if anyone wants to stay here for the races. Not the most convenient, but cheap.......
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I will be there Rick, but have a really tight schedule and don't even know if I will have the time to walk around on Sunday. What time are you planning to be there?

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

I'll be at Indy for the entire weekend. I'm dragging my trailer down. It'll be parked at the KOA just east of the city. I have tickets in hand for the big track for Stand B, under cover, near the first turn. I used to watch motorcycle GPs and F1 at Mosport, Ontario, and Watkins Glen, NY, and know these guys run in the rain. That was OK when the van was parked next to the fence. To be stuck in a field, with a few thousand people all wearing garbage bags or less, is in my past. (No, I wasn't at Woodstock; I had to work that weekend.)

This year it's 9-12 thru 9-14, next year it's Labor Day weekend. This has the potential to get big.

I have a feeling the stands will be full at the fairgrounds Saturday night. Best get there early.

Who else is going? Where do we meet?

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I don't know when we'll get there, or what our tickets give access to. We're going with a friend and his dad, who was our neighbor, and wrecked his Buell. He's now a quadrapalegic, partially because of the wreck. This is the same father/son who introduced me to the Hayden family back in the mid '80s, when Tommy, Nicky, and Roger Lee were running the flat-track here in Lawreneceburg on Friday nights.
So, I guess that's a long winded way of saying I'm just along for the ride, to help w/ the wheelchair and such.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

This is what you get, if you don't read posts right.....Only because George sent me a pm did I recognize that one could have thought the Indy MotoGP was last Sunday, August 24.
It is the weekend of September 12-14. Hope nobody went down there... :wink:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

It was a nice weekend - except for the weather. We were all holding our breath that the remnands of Ike would not spoil the "festivities" too much.
I even saw some of the race on Sunday, with Dottore Rossi running away with it, although the officials stopped it a tad before the scheduled end. The wind was gruesome. I met a good friend from Europe and it was worth it, although I could not make the time to look for anybody from here. Hope everybody who went had a good time. I could not take a camera in the paddock, but hope to get some pictures from a few guys who were able to.

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

No camera in the paddock?
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »