Yosemite or bust! Anyone wanna go?

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Yosemite or bust! Anyone wanna go?

Post by Terry »

My daughter is riding down from Napa on her SV tomorrow and we're heading to the Park Thursday morning for an overnighter. Taking our time, its only a half day's ride to the Yosemite floor near half dome. Should arrive near lunch time or before and since we're not riding over the Tioga summit, we'll spend the afternoon riding mostly on the lower park roads, ending up at the SW entrance where the really BIG giant redwoods are. Booked a room with a pool just outside the park as its supposed to be pretty hot, like its been for some time now. I'll be in the A/C room and Erin will be in the pool.

The 82 was ready for my tour to the Grand Canyon when I found out the rear shock was shot remember, so now that its fixed and back on, I'll take it. The Amsoil inside will fare better in slow park road riding anyway. Supposed to be in the 90s. Already have over 300 miles on the new shock and it works great! Next morning we'll cruise back thru the park and end up back in civilization before dusk. About a 600 mile two day run with my daughter. Should be fun! Maybe we'll take some pictures. :lol:

Erin has to cover the race at Infineon this Sunday too. Already attended the press luncheon with Castroneves and Andretti etc. (She loves Marco, the kid). Now that she quit to get her teaching credential, she's doing freelance work for the same newspaper as well as Nascar. 8) She'll be able to do some of that for extra $$ while she's attending Sonoma State U this next year too. Anyone want to go :?:

Last edited by ICOA WebTeam on Sat May 08, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up HTML for PHPBB3
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Yosemite or bust! Anyone wanna go?

Post by EMS »

Terry wrote: Anyone want to go :?:
We all are, Terry! 8) You are taking us! :lol: :thumupp:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Just a few pics of our journey. Four across, scroll down to 'view all' if necessary then click on a pic and on some systems, click again for an even larger view. A few teasers first,

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... ?start=all

Nice trip. Rode every road inside the park but 120 over the Tioga. Rode the floor loop twice! Warm but not killer hot. Almost no motorcycles and very few cars early, more in later afternoon. Disappointed in the stay away signs near the giant sequoias. Roads inside were in real good shape. Never been there with so little traffic and tour buses. Not a single issue with either bike. Stayed in a terrible motel in Oakhurst just 14 miles outside the SW entrance. Still dealing with management... All in all a great trip. Great being with my daughter. She rides very well...slow, but well. (She'll like that!) :lol:
Last edited by ICOA WebTeam on Sat May 08, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up HTML for PHPBB3
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Our next C2C will include Yosemite.......

Thanks for the pics.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Great pics Terry, Thanks.... 8)
ICOA # 656

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Just as I am only thinking about last years Colorado rally once an hour, Mike Hanhne posts the Alaska pix and you follow those with your great shots.

Glad to see them all, better than not seeing them, but makes me feel sad I was not there.......yet again :cry:

Thx again

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”