NorCal CBXers! Anyone up for a ride next weekend?

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

NorCal CBXers! Anyone up for a ride next weekend?

Post by Terry »

If if isn't raining, anyone up for a ride in the Bay Area? There's a lot of great one day round trips around here. San Jose to Morro Bay on 101 and then up the coast on 1 thru Carmel and Santa Cruz for example...then there's Napa Valley, Pope Valley, Lake Berryessa, Clear Lake, Stinson Beach to Jenner and back...Any thoughts? :)

Any takers :?:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

John S. (5594)
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Can't make this weekend ....

Post by John S. (5594) »

but I would also like to see if some of us can get together for a ride. Some good suggestions you have there - I would enjoy any one of those rides. Let me know

If you haven't bookmarked it already - this site is nice resource for California motorcycle rides:

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

All the best,

John

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cool roads..........

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey sport & John S.,
That's a cool website that John S. posted,I filed it in my favorites column,thanx for the info!
My all-time favorite road is CA. SR190 into Death Valley from Panamint Valley,it goes straight up the side of the mountain,or so it seems,up to about 5000 ft.,then straight down to below sea level @ Stovepipe Wells inside of about 7 or 8 miles,heckuva downhill!The views are awesome both up on top and going into Death Valley area too.
Anyway,hope to see you both there last weekend in April!!Take care & ride safe,
---------Mark Miller#0938 8)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Ya shoulda been there...

Post by Terry »

It was in the high 60s and clear as a bell so I blasted up the freeways to Winters and turned West on the two lanes up past Monticello Dam on Lake Berryessa. Roads were nearly bare and surprisingly, not as many riders as I had expected. Lots of tank huggin corners and long sweepers to have fun on. The larger trees had huge clumps of mistletoe in the tops and in the shady corners, moss was hanging from a lot of them. Very pretty. :D

Stopped by a HD dealer I'm familiar with and a friend is the GM. Let me ride an '03 V-Rod with only 123 miles on it. I kinda liked it. It has lots of power and good brakes. The seating position and the lean angle requires some getting used to but overall I liked the ride. Good sound when you crank it up and quiet (short strokes) at idle. With the full disc wheels the side winds pushed it left and right at times. Still felt stable though. The only cheap parts I could find were the pegs and the side stand. Everything else fit well and looked great. :) :o

Afterwards I had a Dave's Giant Hamburger :D :wink: and headed home, about 270 miles total. Wonder where I'll go tomorrow, wait, there's a three day weekend at the end of the month...hmmm
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”