CA, NV, AZ, UT and back!

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CA, NV, AZ, UT and back!

Post by Terry »

Well I guess I'm going. First stop will be in Vegas Saturday night, about 530 miles. Next day ride thru the Hoover Dam area on my way to Kingman AZ and R-66 to Seligman then 40 to Williams and then north to Tusayan AZ at the south rim of the Grand Canyon and Desert View. Back to Williams for the night. Next day, NE thru Flagstaff and Kayenta AZ and up into UT to Mexican Hat and Monument Valley then circle NW over thru Hanksville and the Capitol Reef NP and Torrey UT for the night. Next day ride south thru Bryce Canyon NP and thru Kanab back into AZ and the north rim of the Canyon. Back to Kanab for the night. Next day ride thru Zion NP and then haul azz across NV for a night in Mammoth Lakes CA just south of Yosemite. Next day ride north thru Dardanelle on 108 for a ride over the Sierras and home...unless I decide to go farther NW and end up on the coast! Somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 miles in six days. Maybe I should take my camera???
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

na, leave the camera at home, I've been on most of those roads, right guys? He should leave the camera at home?
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

So, you going along George?
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I don't know. I wanted to go to Burbank to try to sell my bike but it's supposed to rain.
YOU'RE THE ONE

karl sparks
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by karl sparks »

Enjoy your trip. 8) Keep the rubber side down, :wink: mount the camera on your helmet.... :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

cbxtacy wrote:I don't know. I wanted to go to Burbank to try to sell my bike but it's supposed to rain.
Which one :?: :?: What ever happened to the Kawa Triple racer?

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Kawi triple racer is in Jacksonville, NC with MadMotoMike with enough parts to build another couple triples. Mike said give him 5 or 10 years and he'll put together a street version for me. I have very little room here in CA and I'm making room. Right now I'm selling this one viewtopic.php?t=3870 and when it's gone I'll start back on my turbo and sell it. That will leave me with only 2 CBX's. Stock 82 and wire wheeled one. Both too much fun to get rid of. and here's the turbo-
YOU'RE THE ONE

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I wonder how Terry's doing on his trip. It rained here in San Diego again this morning. Rain here usually heads in the general direction of where Terry's riding. Picture's should be interesting from this one. (oop's I hijacked this thread (well you know me))
YOU'RE THE ONE

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Hey all!!! My cell is roaming but the Days Inn in Torrey UT has free internet. Short report--rained on me THREE times before I even left California, once in central CA and twice in the Mojave desert of all places! Didn't rain long enough for me to put on the Toggs though, spent a few minutes under an overpass and the worst one blew over. Been mostly chilly pretty much all day everywhere. Vegas the first night and then over the Hoover Dam and down to R66 on the way to Williams AZ and the Canyon S Rim. Spectacular! Hope the pics do it (some) justice. Today I spent the day riding thru Monument Valley in AZ and UT---also spectacular! Took lots of pics.

Going to eat now and get some rest. Tomorrow I'll head thru Bryce Canyon NP and down to the N Rim of the Canyon for a look see, spending the night in Kanab UT. They say it has a better view than the S rim. TONS of traffic at the S Rim. Would have been horrendous in a car. Well, g'nite all,

Havvinagudtimevishnuwerehere!

T

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Enjoy Terry & be safe... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

karl sparks
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by karl sparks »

go easy and enjoy... :wink:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Terry wrote: Tomorrow I'll head thru Bryce Canyon NP and down to the N Rim of the Canyon for a look see, spending the night in Kanab UT. They say it has a better view than the S rim.

T
I think they are right. I remember it ot be a great experience to park your vehicle, walk a few yards through some trees, step out and ..bammm.. ther is the canyon right in front of you. The tops of the rocks look like they have been frosted with a sugar coating.
Ride safe!!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

From near sea level to nearly 10,000', 2,604 miles across CA to NV to AZ to UT to AZ to UT to AZ to NV to CA to NV (missed turn) and back to CA and home on the 6th afternoon. Coldest was riding over the Tioga Pass in Yosemite on the last morning. Brrrr! Rain, cold, sunshine, blue skies with white puffy clouds, deserts, canyons, snow and mountains, wind from all directions and even a small twister or two. Straightaways (amundo) and corners...OK, corners amundo too! What a trip! Spectacular scenery!!! Gonna sleep late and...I'll get back to you. I think I took nearly 200 pics! Now, how to post them and... :? :D

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Good stuff Terry, looking forward to the pics.... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”