HEY HEY HEY!!!!!

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!

Post by Terry »

What's all this INactivity on the board of late? :P Am I going to have to bore you all with another trip story? Sheesh! OK I won't but I did get out last weekend for a few hundred miles and will again this weekend as its supposed to be sunny and in the 70s even on hiway 1. :D

The 82 has a new front tire, new sprockets and chain, the cam chain adjuster dealybob on the front of the motor replaced so no more leaks and an oil and filter change. So, anyone else getting out for a ride? Winter's coming you know...at least somewhere its winter. :P :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

I was out for a ride (but in my company truck) and visiting customers. Was able to meet up with George (CBXtacy) in Cheyenne Wyoming.

Very little ride weather left here in Colorado/Wyoming :(

Getting ready to switch into winter project mode and getting back into the old CBX race bike restoration/build. I'm looking forward to it actually. 8)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Well done Terry, That woke the chickens up..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

I'm just ready for the temp's to get down into the 80's so my riding season can start :D
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Waiting for the weather forcast, you see it's not accurate over here until you read it in the morning...OH! then stick your head out the window to confirm... :wink:
ICOA # 656

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I'm here, I'm here. In Grand Island?, Nebraska. An island? In Nebraska? And it's Grand? I'll fill up the big truck and head to NC in the morning.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

cbxtacy wrote:I'm here, I'm here. In Grand Island?, Nebraska. An island? In Nebraska? And it's Grand? I'll fill up the big truck and head to NC in the morning.
Last time I was up in that area (about 4-5 weeks ago), I saw a black early model X on I80. It didn't appear to have any striping/markings on the tank.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Nice to hear from friends 8) :D and Chris, you and others have my sympathy for having a 'riding season'. Its all about tradeoffs I guess. I always ride into the northwest once or twice a year but always during the summer months. I've thought about moving to NW Montana or northern Idaho but despite loving the solitude and beauty of the area, I realize that I'd have to haul my bike south during the winter months just to get in a good ride or I'd go nuts! :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I was out of town almost the whole week without time to access a computer and play :roll: Coming back to Ohio last night, I realize it is almost winter here with temperatures in the low fifties. We will probably get a few more single days of riding in over the next 4 weeks or so, but that will be it. I better start winterizing some of the bikes :( :( and get the snowblower ready :lol: :lol:

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

So where did you go this weekend, Terry? I started out Saturday morning in Terrell, TX and ended up at home in Chula Vista, CA on Sunday evening. Really exciting. Was your weekend boring? Spent the day in the garage with your CBX and an electric drill, putting miles on it? :shock:
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

You got me George, only no drill and no garage...as you know, I called you from Yosemite Valley around midday Saturday. I called Mike B on my Lost Coast trip and he didn't mind at all. Hope my call made your trip across Texas a little more enjoyable. I sure had a good time. The pics should be ready Wednesday. Got a few good ones I think.

Sadly, the giant redwood grove is puny compared to the Avenue and they have all the giants (only a few) surrounded by fencing with stay out signs about 20' away. No fences on the Avenue and many many more old growth giants. The weather and the fall colors were nice and the traffic was nil. What a combination for a ride. The 82 had on a new front Pirelli Sport Demon, new head and neck bearings readjusted, new chain and sprockets and an oil and filter change so it was good to go. Averaged in the mid to high 30s riding sanely in the woods and 85 or so on the slab.

I do want you to ride the Prolink next time you're around George and tell me what you think of the rear suspension. I think its dying...?Years old ProSus unit.
Glad you made it home alright. Now, head out for a ride on two wheels! :D

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”