Slimey Crud Run

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

Slimey Crud Run

Post by silversurfer1050 »

Hi guys,

I did a write up for the F bunch and thought to share it here also. Larry - there are a couple pics in my photobucket for you too. What year is the Vincent please?
Sweaty Crud Run....?

The weather has hot and humid - not very Britain like at all. Man it was hot Did I say it was hot? I mean this is October in Wisconsin! ....and bugs - lie it was July.

We took the back roads down to Middleton and stayed over night with friends. It's great to have friends.

On the way down we stopped at a wayside outside Portage to look at maps. While we were there a guy came in on nice looking black bike and pulled in next to us. We started a conversation about Hwy 78 and I noticed he was wearing a Triumph jacket - His name was Joe. He was riding an SR. Kind of half faired Triumph. He said he knew the bunch that had started the run and that he had been going for about 15 years - the run was started back in the 60's apparently.

We headed for Pine Bluff and got there around 9:30. We waited in a place called Morgan's. Surf boards - sail fish and bikinis all over. They had a small menu, bloody marys - - and coffee. The coffee was really welcome.

While we were waiting I checked out bikes. There were a group of people on the edge of town playing country music live. Mel asked what Pete and Pat were going to be riding. I told her off-topic bikes and described them. About 15 minutes later she pointed them out. They had a pretty good size group with them too.

There was a red 79 CBX there with about 337 miles on it -amazing. There was another one there just like it with 7000 miles almost as nice.

I love the Ducatis. It was neat to see so many of them at one spot. There were a lot of Triumphs a few Nortons, a few BSAs, a British Enfield, and one Vincent. It may be the first and last I'll ever see.

I heard one of the bunch the Vincent was with describing the week prior to the run. The owner had gotten the Vincent ready and running to go for this ride - he rode it to the dentist. After he was given Novocain and laughing gas in the office an old lady 94 - backed into it and knocked it over. So the dentist has to give him the news while he's under anesthesia - well - in the middle of the procedure the guy gets up and walks out to check on his bike. The poor old lady tells him she's 94 and looks scared. I took it that he was just worried about his bike. I'd have to go look too if it was one of my bikes.

We saw Joe there again the next day in LeLand too.

We had a great time. It was a fun ride. Thanks Pete and Pat and your crew. Dave, nice to meet you and your dad also. I hope we get to cross paths again. We think that right now we have too many things going on around the house and Sundays this time of year are to busy. We probably won’t be going back for a few years at least. Maybe when the kids get older.

I’ve put up some pictures at photobucket.

SilverSurfer1050 Album

I was so busy looking at bikes I forgot to look for a SCR t-shirt
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... 1191902556

Cheers
Bill
Last edited by silversurfer1050 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
A woman at 20 is like ice, at 30 she is warm and at 40 she is hot.

(Gina Lollobrigida)

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

Nice pictures......Thanks :!:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Nice pix of some great bikes. Some of my old/current favs. I'd still like to find a Z1R like the one pictured. The '80 X is a beauty.

Was the Vincent damaged when it was hit?

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I like the ELR
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

cbxtacy wrote:I like the ELR
I hadn't noticed that one. That would be a great one to own as well. :)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Looks like a 1936 Series "A" Rapide Bill..... Production would have stopped on the outset of the war (WWII) & the series "B" Rapide starting after the war...

Thanks for the pics Bill...... 8)

The link is lost but I will relink here.....

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... rud%20Run/
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Nice pictures :!: Isn't that the event Peter Egan is going to on a regular basis :?: I think the KZ1000 is actually a Z1-900 :? Was the 7000 mile CBX a repaint :?:

silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

There were a bunch of old Kaws there. There is one in a light blue color personalized license plate "KZ1R" if I recall.

I couldn't see any damage to the Vincent It didn't look factory restoration, just extemely nice survivor. If the old gal that backed into it was 94. She was old enough to ride it at the time it came off of the assembly line. 80

Did not see Peter Egan. His last story in CYCLE was quite touching. About how things change with time, and people passing.

There were more than a couple ERL replicas (originals?) I can't tell the difference. The red CBX's loked stock to me. They may have been redone. I was just enjoying looking at as much as I could in a couple of hours.

The Ducatis are disturbing in a lot of ways. They sound terrible at idle. They look soooo sexy. and by the way a couple passed us on the way out - they perform great too. The gal looked like a young Sophia Loren.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... 1191902556
A woman at 20 is like ice, at 30 she is warm and at 40 she is hot.

(Gina Lollobrigida)

silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm entertaining the idea of going down for The Slimy Crud again.

http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/events.htm

http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

Mel said I should just go. How do you argue with that?

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Did Mel mean go to the Slimy Crud Run or just go?
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ha!

She didn't sound like the "It's OK, I'm going furniture shopping" tone of voice.

You going to be in the hood?

:-)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”