Deal's Gap Kawasaki Triples Meet

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

dkrager....thX for the tip.....

dkrager
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by dkrager »

No problem. Suggest we shake hands and move on in a more positive direction.

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

Had my say...no apologies here. Many take things way to seriously. It was only a simple invite to a meet and if yu didn`t have the meet brand bring your cbx...how innocent is that. I will agree it should have been in general discussion or trips.

dkrager
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by dkrager »

Chris,

My comments were based on an inside joke and have nothing to do with the direction this and other threads have taken.

Regards,

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Inside Joke??

Post by EMS »

Hey Dave: This is mighty selfish of you to keep these things for yourself :evil: We can all need a good laugh every now and then. Maybe then some guys wouldn't wear their pants so thight :wink:
So, how about filling us all in on your inside joke :?: :!:

And CBXChris: There is no way one could have wrapped this issue up better than with your comment. And I bet, if one showed up with a CBX on that gathering of Triples, most of these guys would stand around the Six and talk to you about it. Then they would hop on their H2s and H1s and create some doubts in one's mind about this "ill-handling" image while they pull away from you over these wicked 11 miles...just a guess :?: :!:

dkrager
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by dkrager »

EMS, I'll PM you the punch line after I get to work. :wink:

Land_Shark
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Land_Shark »

I can understand both sides of the issue - why not simply have a 'Miscellaneous' or 'Other' discussion form in the Index. For myself, when I come to this board I come searching for information or to ask questions about my CBX; certainly not some other model. But at the same time I have a love for virtually all motorcycles and many in particular so I don't mind seeing those posts - perhaps they should simply be in their own place on this board?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Other Bikes

Post by EMS »

I think we ALL agree, the placement of Ric's post was not a perfect one.
We are divided in our views of whether it should have been here AT ALL.
Frankly, I think we should not provide a space for discussions about other bikes. It is a CBX forum. But that does not mean we should BAN the OCCASIONAL reference to other bikes. And Ric's post was an INVITATION to a MEETING.
Maybe Ric was really ahead of his time. In a few years, bikes from the 70's and early 80's may be so rare that anyone will have a hard time getting a decent size meeting of ONE type of bike together. At the pace CBXes are being parted out, the few of us left may be lucky to be invited...

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

EMS....you have a KZ1300 !! Shazaammm !!!! I saw one of those in beautifull condition down the street from Alex's (TIM"S) place last year. Pretty rare.

But, what's with the H-D thing ?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Other Bikes

Post by EMS »

Ric:

I probably should put this in the "Cracker Barrell" section: But I am a "Life HOG Member" :) :) :)

I was always of the opinion, you are not qualified to critisise, if you don't have experience of your own...

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

EMS......LOL.....well said. I was one of the original charter member of HOG. I've owned three H-D's myself. For performance reasons I never came to like any of them.

I finally quit HOG. Our first meetings were a dozen or so guys going for a Saturday ride and ending up in the back of the shop at the H-D dealership. We'd sit on our bikes and have a beer or two. The last meeting I attended some years later, we had people's children under foot. And when our speaker started bashing America (something related to native Americans) I walked.

Ed Y.

GEEEZ????? Hey Ric...

Post by Ed Y. »

I dont visit this site much at all anymore... (this is the first time in about 4 weeks... ... ) because this new format is just too time consuming to use. Dont get me wrong, I can see some advantages for sure, but in general, I could look at the old board in 1 minute and see if there was anything I needed to see. But Ric, I did enjoy happening on to your post here! Glad to see some things HAVEN'T Changed!! Still love my '82 CBX ; Still looking for a decent H-2, Still don't have time for either!!--------ED Y. in College Station, Texas...

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”