UK CBX social event Sat 4th August'07

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

UK CBX social event Sat 4th August'07

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi
I am involved with a band 'This R 2 Tone' who are playing UK next Saturday 4th August at a Venue called the Junction, Leeman Road
York YO26 4XH

Alan Fisher regional rep, Paul Pursy Moto Mental Turbo and myself plan to be there. Maybe Steve Blackburn, Dave Crawford and Alan Easton regular European and and UK Rally crew may make it too.........

Any CBX'ers in the area please feel free to join what should be a fun night of Ska!!!

The band headlined the Edinburgh New Year celebrations in 2006

http://imageevent.com/70wildmilesglenco ... 1stjan2006

They have supported Deacon Blue and the Proclamers at various UK Festivals, they are a top notch band. Also I will not be playing drums on this occasion....

http://imageevent.com/70wildmilesglenco ... out2ndjuly

If interested contact me by e-mail gogig@aol.com or see us on the night we will be wearing CBX T-Shirts!!!! The more the merrier

All the very best and to the International CBX community than you for bearing with us on this UK event...appreciated 8) 8)

Gordon
Edinburgh
Scotland

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: UK CBX social event Sat 4th August'07

Post by alimey4u2 »

gogigscotland wrote:
All the very best and to the International CBX community than you for bearing with us on this UK event...appreciated 8) 8)

Gordon
Edinburgh
Scotland
No Gordon....Thank You...... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Meetin Update

Post by gogigscotland »

Well ICOAers just back from a great day and night in York UK fulll report to follow (with pictures!!! :oops: )

Will get my report together in the next two days and I am sure Paul and Alan will do likewisE..........a really interstin trip.....more to follow...... 8O

Gordon

Scotland

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

Looking forward to it Gordon :lol:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Write up!!!

Post by gogigscotland »

Yep it was a great trip to meet with Alan Fisher and Paul Pursey 8)

Here is a wee write up for the record a great weekend thanks guys...

Highlights:
Got a chance to see Alans racing CBX Sidecar outfit in the flesh (or naked as the pictures show) and also to hear the straight through racin exhaust!!!!

Alan and his son James plan another outing in a few weeks time at Cadwell Park.

Alans garage is like an Alladins cave to a CBX'er with his specials including a rare Moto Martin Honda 750 chassis in which he has shoe horned in a CBX motor. 8) 8)

An artist was even commissioned to paint in oils Alan's other award winning Moto Martin 1280 on the garage wall 8) 8) 8)

The real thing!!!!! :lol: :wink:

I also saw for the first time Alan's huge and I mean huge collection of silverware from his sidecar racing days (Alan used to passenger world champion Steve Webster) covering just about every circuit you can imagine including the Isle of Man TT it was fantastic. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

A great dinner cooked by Alan's wife Jan and then it was off into York for the evening out.
As it happened the gig happened to be a bit on the rough side of town but not to be put off we just got stuck in and had a really good night!!!

Back to Alan's very late and after a browse through his racing photo albums we called it a night about 4 pm (a bit like Marlinton or Morganton eh Mike B)

It is always great to meet up with CBX mates and it was well worth travelling the hundreds of miles to do so!!

The next planned outing is our Moto Martin CBX trip to France (see other thread) which we are all lookin fwd to.

I have added a few of the night time social for fun :oops: :oops:

Alan considers another 'Special' on the way through the wrong side of town but he sadly just missed out it was sold......to Paul (Moto Mental Turbo).. :cry:

Alan Fisher is on the right with glasses :wink: :wink:

Finally Paul and Alan make up over the bicycle sale...... It is amazin the close frienships that you can make through CBX'ing..... :roll: :wink: :D :lol:

Cheers and all the best Gordon in Scotland :lol:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Great pics, Thanks for sharing...... 8)
ICOA # 656

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Outstanding photos! Thanks, Gordon.
I feel safe in saying this: I will never see those pics duplicated.
Great bikes, great times.

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Great pix!!

Thanks for sharing (love those X's). :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Thanks for the report and the pics, Gordon. Especially the shot of Alan's sidecar rig. I am intrigued. I expected something more along the lines of your's, in a monocoque design with the engine in the rear. Instead, he was able to fit the motor in the front, under the driver's chest. very interesting. What will the bodywork look like?

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Alans sidecar

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi
Will post a few more pics of Alans sidecar in action and also naked from different angles later today.

Watch this space :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Gordon, I will start a new thread and call it Sidecars :!: :!:

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Here goes sidecar CBX Club!!!

Post by gogigscotland »

Yes may be worth another thread here goes though Alans CBX racer

And In ACTION 8) 8) 8)

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

And on a lighter note Pauls find when he gets home

Post by gogigscotland »

Paul called the minute he got in to say he was very worried about his show winning Moto Mental Martin Turbo CBX to him it looked really different :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't worry Paul it was just the huge hangover affecting yer vision!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Cheers
Gordon

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Had me going for a while, thought it was a Spondon frame.... :lol: :lol:
ICOA # 656

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: UK CBX social event Sat 4th August'07

Post by Mike Nixon »

A post resurrected from oblivion, I know. I wonder, can anyone tell me which frame is being spoken of that Alan "shoe horned" a CBX engine into? The 69-78 series SOHC 750, or the 79-83 series DOHC 750 or the still later non-US DOHC cbx750 that we called the Nighthawk in the US? I realize it is a Martin frame, but for which one of these models? I have tried contacting Gordon and apparently he is no longer on the site. Thank you!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”