CAFE RACER WEEKEND 24TH 25TH AUG'07 FRANCE MOTOMARTIN CBX'S

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Re: WERE BACK!!

Post by Chris »

gogigscotland wrote:Hi All

Well we just got back from France Paul Pursey Alan Fisher, Paul Bennets Steve Blackburn and myself with our 4 Moto Martin CBX'S at this fantastic Cafe Racer weekend in South West France aimed at all marques (and cars too) but hosted and organised by Moto Martin with the legendary George Martin in atterndance all weekend, it was a truly great Cafe Racer meet with about 80 bikes on the rideout and many more on-site over the weekend.

The icing on the cake was that Alan Fisher won the top award for best in show for his truly original Moto Martin CBX. Paul P Paul B and myself picked up other trophies which was enjoyable.
We also had the rare experince of a rideout with seven Martin CBX's of which we had three in attendance Pauls Bennets was making some final tweaks to his so didn't make the ride.
Dinner with George Martin sitting right next to us was great serving us foord and more than a little red wine 8) , so many questions were asked and answered.

Truly great stuff and we only met new faces so many new friends to add to the many old friends that we missed from not making the Swedish meet.

Will post pics and a full report as soon as practical when I have recovered from the 1,500 mile round trip :)

Best meantime to you all.

Gordon
Scotland
Looking forward to the pix and report Gordon.

Sounds like a great time. :)

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Cafe Racer weekend France Aug 2007

Post by gogigscotland »

I think that this report will take a while to do what with the pictures to load :)

Anyway here goes first up is George Martins current production 2007 plate production Moto Martin CBX New Moto Martin Rolling chassis and refurbished motor don't know price but it looked great and is good to see a 'new' CBX still available 8) This particular example is owned and used daily by a guy from Paris 8)

Next up a similarly happy image of Alan Fisher after winning best in show at the meet with his immaculate totally original Moto Martin CBX 1280
Well done Alan :roll: :) (choke choke only jokin) BTW Paul P, Paul B and My Trophies are fitted inside Alans cup for safe keeping :D :D 8)

Next up Alan and his machine receive the trophy from George Martin as envious 'friends' look on :wink: :wink:

Oops Alan this pic didn't come out like the others :wink: :( :cry: sorry :oops: :shock:

Oh well for you Alan will try again :D L-R Steve Blackburn, Paul Bennetts, The Legendary George Martin (The now nearly legendary) Alan Fisher, Gordon Gooch (note fake smile :lol: ) and Paul Turbo Martin Pursey

Paul P and my Martins relax as the sun sets on another great day in France why can't every day be as chilled as this???? 8) 8) 8)

How often do you meet the man that made your machine in the 1980's George Martin, myself and my Moto Martin 1170 CBX :)

Thats it for tonight as I am back to reality and workin again call back to this thread soon and I will have hopefully put more of the story and pics uploaded meantime night all :D

Gordon
Scotland

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Hi Gordon....

Great to see you on the line and love the posts you make. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to personally thank you for sharing all these updates with us since for most of us your posts and pix are the closest we will ever get to attending any event in England or Europe. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marlinton is on for 2008 in mid June....and sure hope we will see you and all the gang there. I think we need a replay of you taking off your kilt at the bonfire
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Tell everyone I said hi...........and please keep posting to our line ...it is great reading.

>>>>

Mini Footnote for you and everyone in England/Europe: Aaron reads your posts also..and said hi. He is heading up the Dodge Bonneville effort to set a world speed record for a Nascar racer.........they are hoping for 265-275 mph. I think he told me that the Discovery Channel will be filming it all......so we all might get to see it......though I am wondering how much of it will be "bleaped" if the effort isn't going that well. I also wonder if anyone has every got booted from Bonneville and put in jail.........we will find out ....right. :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :suspect:

Welcome and best

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks

Post by gogigscotland »

Mike
Thanks for the kind posting.....have you heard me say that for many years Sandra and I never went to any CBX meetings and then thought well lets give one a try....... :shock:

It has given us so many happy experiences and many treasured friends, I cannot say enough to those out there give ONE meet a try and then see if you want to go back again...I hope that you will...like us..... :)

Will post more on this great meet in France soon.

Short you tube type highlight video to follow similar to my previous Dutch Euro and Pauls Moto Mental on song links below if you haven't seen them already! :D :shock: 8) :

http://imageevent.com/70wildmilesglenco ... llyaug2006

http://imageevent.com/70wildmilesglenco ... alturbocbx

Truly best wishes to you and to Aaron on his record attempt if anyone can do it he can 8) 8) 8) 8) Pass our best wishes to him and take care.... :)

In closing do you think that there may be a market for my 'Anti Sooty' Bellmouth covers as featured below.... :shock: :shock: 8)

Best

Gordon
:lol: 8)
Scotland

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

The black and silver 2007 is absolutely stunning.
I know very little about the Moto Martin marque. Have they always been available or is the 2007 all new? Where can i see more pics?

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Moto Martin CBX 2007

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi
The Moto Martin CBX was available from the early 1980's until around 1986 in the UK the last of the frames and rolling chassis kits being sold through Mocheck in London.

George Martin manufactured thousands of frames for many bikes of this era including the big Kawasaki, Suzuki and Hondas not so aware of Yamaha framed bikes. Similarly UK Triumphs, Nortons and BSA benefited from his chassis expertise.

To put all this in context the Moto Martin framed CBX was advertised and indeed did lap a UK race circuit 4 seconds faster than the standard Honda CBX I believe with the same test rider (who was not employed by MM :) ).
In this and owning both machines there is notable merit in both machines, the standard CBX being much more comfortable on longer journeys I can assure you.

George Martin has decided to revamp the chassis for 2007 and is offering a 'new' production CBX as seen in these pictures using restored CBX engines. I think production will only be limited by availability of 'as new' engines. Again I am not aware, but should have asked, the cost of the new CBX model.

In Europe a good original Moto Martin CBX may fetch in excess of $20,000.

Hope all this is of interest.

Couple more pics below.

Gordon
Scotland

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Excellent review & pics, I wish I could have been there...... :cry: Many Thanks...
ICOA # 656

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Moto Martin CBX 2007

Post by cbx4evr »

gogigscotland wrote:Again I am not aware, but should have asked, the cost of the new CBX model.
Is there any way one can find out???
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: Moto Martin CBX 2007

Post by alimey4u2 »

cbx4evr wrote:
gogigscotland wrote:Again I am not aware, but should have asked, the cost of the new CBX model.
Is there any way one can find out???
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but Moto Martin only sold frame kits ( rolling chassis,) again, if my memory serves me well, only Dresda, Rickman & Egli made complete bikes....
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”