Trip Report

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Trip Report

Post by EMS »

This has nothing to do with CBXes, not even with any other motorcycle, but it is still a trip report of some sorts: I am out here in Scottsdale, AZ and it is 113 degrees :shock: :shock: You can not walk barefoot to the pool from your room. You burn your feet badly in five steps...

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Isn't this a weather report? :lol: Not for me. Don't like extreme heat or the lack of trees and the shade they provide. Say, I heard somewhere that you're not going to make CO next month? AZ is pretty close you know. :P
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Terry wrote: Say, I heard somewhere that you're not going to make CO next month? AZ is pretty close you know. :P
It was only 100 here today. Much more comfortable. :wink:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Chris wrote:
Terry wrote: Say, I heard somewhere that you're not going to make CO next month? AZ is pretty close you know. :P
Oh man, I may sleep in that vest I'm getting. :lol: It should arrive any day now.

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Terry wrote:
Chris wrote:
Oh man, I may sleep in that vest I'm getting. :lol: It should arrive any day now.
Don't worry, it will be cooler at 12,000 feet. :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Terry wrote:Isn't this a weather report? :lol: Not for me. Don't like extreme heat or the lack of trees and the shade they provide. Say, I heard somewhere that you're not going to make CO next month? AZ is pretty close you know. :P
No, Terry, I will not be able to make CO. I wish I could have. Was looking forward to meet you guys there. I haven't seen George in a while and I am suffering from Dillaway-withdrawal-syndrome :shock: :wink:
My being here in AZ right now is one of the reasons I will not be able to make it. Too much time away from the office in July and September, which means August needs to be spend behind my desk.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

First decent ( dry) day since in two months, my Mom wanted me to visit so I rode there. My cousin & family also visited so I was stuck under roof doing the family thing for 3 hours. Rode around to blow the cobwebs out & got home safely. Weather forcast rain for the next 4 days....

Good news though, my Daughter has an official letter inviting her to meet "The Queen" ....yup, Elizabeth II.... 8)
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Tell her to say hi to the Queen for us will you? 8) BTW, in the middle of July, in San Jose its raining!!! Odd, even for being so close to the ocean (and) its apparently ride your bike to work day. :lol:

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

alimey4u2 wrote:Good news though, my Daughter has an official letter inviting her to meet "The Queen" ....yup, Elizabeth II.... 8)
Wow. :shock:

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Hey Mike, how long are you going to be in Scottsdale? I should be leaving soon for NC. It's kinda on the way.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Chris wrote:
alimey4u2 wrote:Good news though, my Daughter has an official letter inviting her to meet "The Queen" ....yup, Elizabeth II.... 8)
Wow. :shock:
For security reasons I can't divulge information but I will post details after the meeting..... My daughter is practicing her curtseys as we speak.... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

cbxtacy wrote:Hey Mike, how long are you going to be in Scottsdale? I should be leaving soon for NC. It's kinda on the way.
The world seems to move too fast, George. Right now (Thursday, July 19 10:15 a.m. local time) I am sitting at Phoenix Skyharbour Int'l Airport waiting for my flight to depart for Cleveland. If I should see your rig from above, I'll wave at you! :wink:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

alimey4u2 wrote:
Good news though, my Daughter has an official letter inviting her to meet "The Queen" ....yup, Elizabeth II.... 8)
Holy Moly :shock: Congratulations, Larry! I sort of knew that one of these days you would be famous :!: :wink:

One of these days, will people see a picture of you and Elizabeth II in the "Sun" newspaper and will ask : "Who is that woman next to Larry Benjamin? " :wink:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

EMS wrote:
Holy Moly :shock: Congratulations, Larry! I sort of knew that one of these days you would be famous :!: :wink:

One of these days, will people see a picture of you and Elizabeth II in the "Sun" newspaper and will ask : "Who is that woman next to Larry Benjamin? " :wink:
Prefer it to be Heather Locklips..... :lol: :lol:
ICOA # 656

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Hey Mike, to get back to the problem at hand ie: you're stuck in AZ. Always took on the bright side. You speak a little German. Go here, tell them you're Ferdinand Porsche Jr, and this Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet has been re'called and you're there to pick it up and return it to the factory for the recall.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-TURBO ... dZViewItem

Use your computer to produce a "FACTORY RECALL" notice and print it up. If you don't have a printer, go to Kinko's. Never knowing where I'm going to be on a weekly basis, I've learned over the years. :D
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”