NEWSFLASH: Bennington, Vermont National Rally (July 16-22)

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

NEWSFLASH: Bennington, Vermont National Rally (July 16-22)

Post by Louis »

VERMONT NATIONAL RALLY
July 16-22 Bennington, Vermont
Vermont Motor Lodge www.thevermontermotorlodge.com 1-802-442-2529
Rally Hosts: Joe Mintrone, Jamie Carey, Louis Mintrone

OK here is a little info for rally for this ICOA National Rally so you can start your planning. I have help set this years rally in Bennington VT because I am originally from there and so I thought I would help with it. I have family that lives there as well and they are doing most of the leg work. Some of you guys have met Joe Mintrone and his best friend Jamie Carey yes Joe rides a 80CBX and Jamie rides a 1100f. Well its almost a CBX. :lol:

RALLY SITE & ROOMS
We are set up at the Vermont Motor Lodge. We have booked the whole hotel for July 16th thru the 22nd. You can go to the web page www.thevermontermotorlodge.com. All rooms are $69.00 and there are cabins as well and they are the same price. Ask for Roger and tell him you are with the CBX Motorcycle group ( CLUB). When you look at their web page you will see that they are set up on 16 acres with plenty of parking for trucks/cars and trailers.

LOTS TO DO THERE
Theres is so much to do there and great roads for riding. Joe is setting up some maps of the best roads. Also we are trying to get a private tour with Hemmings Motor News/cars museum which is in Bennington as well. Bennington has many things to see. We are also trying to set up a thing with Joes friend who owns a Brew Pub. I will post more as I get more info. The phone # is 1-802-442-2529

YOU ARE INVITED
This National is an ICOA event and will have rally insurance, but everyone is invited so make reservations early because there only 28 rooms at this hotel. The owner also has another one as well so we have extra rooms at that one, but it is 9 miles away. So be the first to reserve and get the best rooms.

Louis

Note: Post your q here or PM me.
Last edited by Louis on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Guys as of 1/2/07 there are only22 rooms left. Make the resv now before you regret it. When you call ask for ROGER or you will get his wife and she does not speak our great language very well. Louis

rbarber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rbarber »

July is packed with motorcycle rallies already...too bad.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

rbarber wrote:July is packed with motorcycle rallies already...too bad.
We got plenty of other rallies throughout this year for you to consider and I cant wait to meet you and see some of those thriller triples.

viewforum.php?f=53#top2 2007 Rallies

Also I will be going some of the road races this year ......one way or the other lets meet up.

Best

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Here is just a bit of a update. Bill from TIMS INTERNATIONAL and my self Louis from WWW.USEDCBXPARTS.COM will be giving away FREE T-Shirts for anyone who rides a CBX at the rally. We are also having a FREE raffle for total of 8 gift certificates and other CBX items from TIMS and USEDCBXPARTS on fri or sat night. I am also trying to work out something with the ICOA club so we can give away a couple of nights for a free room as part as the raffle for those who are staying at the hotel. We are having Free dinner BBQ for those who have paid there rally fees. There will be other post in the next few days. You need to check it out we have a bunch planned. This rally will not be a big one, But we will have more riding time as small group then in the past rallies. Joe and Jammie are setting up some great roads for us to ride on. One of the members is doing to do a all day ride on Fri where he will lead us on some great roads as well, then he and his wife are going to set up lunch for us up at there cabin. Wait to you see the view. Then he will take us back to the hotel on more great roads were Joe/Jammie and myself will do a BBQ for dinner (FREE). Sat we are to meet up with Hemmings News were they are going to give us a free personal tour and they want do a photo shot as well as article of us with our CBXs. Bennington Vt has a lot of historic places as well as Vermont so try to make it the whole week or stay longer. I am staying 2 weeks.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

When making resv, please make it with Roger. Ask for him. His wife has screwed up some resv. So if any of you who made resv call back and make sure you are down for it. One member has called me on this and said that he made is resv the 1st week and called back to add another room and he was never down for the 1st one. So double check. Remember there is only 28 rooms to start with. Louis

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Louis: Will you be collecting the $10 Insurance fee for members, and the $20 fee for non-members? I'll get the "Waiver & Release" forms out to you, and will be in touch as the date gets closer.
Regards,
Dan Carr
Rally Dude

Dan, As far as I know Mike B will be there when we spoke last. I do not know if he will be there for all of the days?? If he is there he can take care of that and bring all the BEER. LOL

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Carl »

Louis, I believe his name is "Raj" rather than "Roger". I just called them trying to confirm my reservations. His wife answered the phone and took my number so that Raj can call me back. I've never had curried BBQ
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Thank God we will do the BBQ. But maybe if they cooked it might be good as well. Just different. Glad you are going. Its going to be a great little rally. I hope all the rooms get filled. 60 plus people would be a perfect size.

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Carl »

Reservations have been confirmed. Rip and myself will be dropping anchor on the 19th. Who else is going?
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Carl,Well I am for sure, Bill from Tims, Ron from Arcadia fl, Mike from KY and at least 10 other rooms are reserved. If anyone wants to email me I will send them a great program of whats going to happen there. Mike will put it on the site in about a week. If anybody wants a copy email me and I will send you one. Louis

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

So is the President bringing the beer to the Rally in VT or is he having it flown in by Larry from the UK? Larry if Mike is buying the beer put me down for a case of John Smiths :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Louis wrote: Larry if Mike is buying the beer put me down for a case of John Smiths :lol:
Here you go, Louis... :wink:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Louis wrote:So is the President bringing the beer to the Rally in VT or is he having it flown in by Larry from the UK? Larry if Mike is buying the beer put me down for a case of John Smiths :lol:
Looks like Mike has it covered Louis but this time NO ICE in the beer please.... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

alimey4u2 wrote:...ICE in the beer .... :lol:
NOOOOOOO :!: :yikes: That is cold water :!: Significantly reduces the "alcohol by vol." number :roll: :roll: I rather drink warm beer 8) 8)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”