Mesquite NV, Zion, Cedar Breaks UT and home.

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)

Mesquite NV, Zion, Cedar Breaks UT and home.

Post by Guest »

My wife and I just attended the Rally In the Valley in Mesquite, NV last weekend. The roads were the best :) we've ridden. Going north through Vegas and then crossing breifly through Arizona then to St. George on I-15 we went East on Hwy9 through Hurricane Utah were Butch Cassidy was filmed. Stopping at the 9 /89 split we went North on US89 to Long Valley Jct US14 and West again to meet up with I-15. We rode through the Dixie Natl. Forest and Cedar Breaks Natl. Monument with snowdrifts of 5ft. Clear blue skys and a crisp 34 degree reading from the trusty GL1800 dash! :eek: coming home we took I-15 south to 169 East through Valley of the Fire State Park in Nevada..WHAT A GREAT PARK! Easily one of the most spectacular places visited EVER. Ginny tooling along was a little laid back on the wing when I left her for a few minutes to see what our new ST would do on Hwy 62 ............Speedo read 145 with a wee bit more to spare :shock:

Think this should definitely be considered for a rally site but maybe in July...

Take care

Jeff

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Valley of fire

Post by SS »

Jeff:

I was in Vegas on bizness, in Feb 2002, I also rode through the Valley of Fire, & Hoover Dam.

What a unique place (Vof) :D . Did you take lots "O"pictures?

I took 20 or so, some were from a moving bike of our group

Did you know VoF was also a film site :?:

Star Trek filmed some scenes, and I believe some other space genre movies also shot scenes there.

VoF would be a great place to rally in and around, :idea: (just not in July or August).

Another place just outside of Los Vegas is Red Rock Canyon, Its not a spectacular as VoF, but still a nice ride, you have to be careful the wild donkeys crap on the roads, and that make for some serious slick spots.

WOW 145 :shock: , I've been @ 131 8) and ran out of courage on my 79 CBX,
Is your scoot a ST1300 w/abs :?:

Been eyeing them and just can't afford another bike @ the moment.

Glad some else on the board has enjoyed this beautiful area of the good old USA.
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Coooooool putt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey Jeff,
Sounds like you all had a righteous putt up to Glitter Gulch(Vegas) & points beyond,that IS some nice riding up there.Yeah,Cedar Breaks Nat'l monument is about 8000 ft.in elevation if I remember correctly,and the air temp sure reflects it!Gorgeous scenery just the same,and Valley of Fire State park is also bitchen,been thru there several times along with Red Rock Preserve west of Vegas,another neat place!!Also sounds like you got your ST checked out for military thrust rating,my turbo X went a buck-sixty(10,500 RPM in top gear with 2:1 gearing,ran out of road and was still climbing!)and that was definitely haulin' some butt!Gotta be so careful at high speed,stuff happens real quick!Anyway,glad you both had a nice run,see you soon!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Speed/RPM

Post by EMS »

Hey Mark:

Did you do anything else other than changing to a 2.00 final drive? We used exactly the same ratio on our project bike and it showed 9150 rpm @ 150 mph on the dyno. 160 would be 9800 rpm. That's quite a difference to your 10,500. Wonder what that was.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Top speed?

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,
All I run is a tach on my bike,guess it musta been going faster............!
----either way,it was haulin' ass!!!!!!!!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”