Iron Nutt

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Mike Quance
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Iron Nutt

Post by Mike Quance »

Do NOT be confused, we are talking about IRON NUTTS here. OBTW if you have enough JAM you can get to the IRON NUTT, short notice or not !! Three weeks is plenty of notice. If not notice enough for you this year, start planning for next............. Canadian thanks Giving or American Columbus Day

The A-B-C's of it:

What kind of people do you meet at an IRON NUTT Rally ?

Adventurous, adrenaline-charged, ambitious, AND YES WE HAVE A FEW ANAL TYPES

Bold, brave, brilliant, broad minded boys.

Courageous, committed, cantankerous, curmudgeons.

Devoted, determined, dastardly, devils.

Enthused, euphoric, esoteric, eccentric.

Fearless, forthright, flexible, fortunates.Generous, gregarious, genius, gentlemen.

Humorous, hilarious, hysterical, hyperactives.

Interested, invigorating, imaginative, innovators.

Joyful, jubilant, jolly, jokers.

Keen, knucklehead , kindred , kids at heart.

Loyal, lackadaisical, laid-back, lunatics.

Merry, melodious, macho, maniacs.

Nefarious, neurotic, necrophobic, nutcases.

Optimistic, often older, occasionally obstinate, orators.

Picky, pesky, petulant, purists.

Quaint, quick, qualified, quizzers.

Rambunctious, riotous, racing, rascals.

Sugar-coated, supercharged, squirting, sweethearts.

Terrific, talented, tenacious, tarantulas.

Unquestionable, unforgettable, ubiquitous, urbanites.

Voracious, victorious, venal, venturers.

Willing, wonderstruck, wobbling, wieners.

X-traordinary, X-tatic, X-elerated, X-uberant, X-tra special men.

Youthful, yawning, younghearted, yo-yos.

Zany, zesty, zipper-heads.

And Now the W-5 of it !

Who - What - When - Where - Why !

Who:Any CBX enthusiast, including those who merely admire the Mighty CBX from afar and wish they too, were like the folks who have found Nirvana.

What:About the best damned rally you've ever been to: THE IRON NUTT - this is our 5th great Rally! Ask the man who's been to one!! When:Starts when you get here!! Some come earlier, on Friday. We have a bit of B.S., some show up later. We kick it off with the ''organized stuff "

9 OCTOBER 2004 SATURDAY Brunch 10 AMRIDE around through over and under the city and often out to some nearby 'sites'We have something here called the Western Development Museum you will find intriguing. It is totally indoors, includes '1910 Boomtown' an entire town ( circa 1910 ), a car dealership, whorehouse, doctors office, livery stable, printshop/newspaper, etc.Steam tractors, stationary engines, one motorcycle the last time I was there, as Scott I believe. Plus cars to die for: CCM, McLauckin-Buick, Packard, Rugby, Derby (made in Saskatoon, total production 1, it was a stock scam in the 20's).

Bar B Que - FEAST - with Beer and other necessary condiments

10 October 2004 SUNDAY All hell breaks loose, ride hard on the Rick Rally (don't have to ride hard, you have to think well !!!! )

7 - ish BANQUET ( as above Feast ) a bit more BS, a lot more beer.

11 October MONDAY - Travel Day - Hang around as long as you can then PFO or stick around !!

Where: Headquarters, or more appropriately hindquarters, will be at Country Inn & Suites, 617 Cynthia Ave, SASKATOON, Saskatchewan.306-934-3900 or Fax 306-652-3100. ******** Immediately adjacent to the hotel, across the parking lot, thanks to the generosity of Mr. Mike Laliberte Esquire **************

RALLY HEADQUARTERS a.k.a PARTY CENTRAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unit Number 101 - 701 Cynthia Av.

Mike's unfortunately got an empty bay in an industrial strip mall, we are putting it to use as an indoor Bike Lock Up, and Party / Rain / Slow Bike Racing / Room CBX rate $ 80 Canadian (about $ 50 US) - you can EASILY put 2 in a room, and most will carry 4. As in prior years, I can offer beds and couches (up to 3) to those who bring their own sleeping bags. The line up at the shower can be a bit gruesome as my 26 year old blonde boomerang daughter lives with me. She has, in the past, brought some of her curious, giggly girl-friends around to look at the goofy old CBX guys. My unregistered arsenal includes a 12 Gauge (no rifle marks, no evidence).Anyone else who cares to can find a chunk of floor inside on the cement floor of my unfinished garage. For those a bit fussier, there's room to pitch a tent in the back yard if you like sleeping with 2-100 pound dogs. For the more refined who may like the privacy of a room and not want to hear the likes of Berglund the world's record snorer. Contact:Country Inn & Suite 306-934-3900E-mail: cx_sast@countryinns.comWebsite: www.countryinns.com

Why: You ain't seen nothin' till you've seen an IRON NUTT !!!!!!!! We have had Tony ride in from Lumby a mere ................... miles away through the Rockies. He's now truly an Iron Nutt.

When we used to hold this IRON NUTT, 11 November, we have had Fearless Garth Ferus come in from Maidstone on a KLR doing power turns on the ice. The only guy in town on a bike! They were taking pictures of his in the morning BEFORE he had a few!We've done it in the snow the first year (all 3 of us, stood in my garage and watched it) We are serious about having a good time and are looking forward to having you join us. For guys like John Doak from Baltimore, and Linda and her ever growing crew from Minneapolis, we have my pair of 82 CBX's available. One, a fully dressed 80 km roll-out rider, and, a once downed (by someone else) no bags, tiny windshield, 40K miler I have taken to the drag strip and beaten every other CBX in town. $$$$$$$ We want to give you good value, which will include most meals........... about .......$ 60 / head $$$$$$

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”