Rally Director

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

For several years, I've thought the very fact that there's a position of "rally director", has been a drag on having more events. By virtue of the name of the position, many folks assume that rallies just magically happen. Not true. A rally takes a lot of planning, trips to the rally venue, meeting with motel managers and restaurant owners, museum or other attraction operators, the list goes on.

But most importantly, nearly no one has offered to host a rally, other than Bob Buehler, Larry Zimmer, and myself. The silence has been deafening.

That said, I'm stepping down from the position as rally director. I'll see out the Marietta rally, working with Larry Zimmer, and I also have a half baked plan for a winter rally, to see the oldest CBX in America. (Hint, it was presented to the owner by Mr. Honda himself. It's silver sister was the bike the magazines got to test in 1978.)
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Rally Director

Post by NobleHops »

Sincere thanks to you Rick for many years of service to the worldwide community, in so many ways.

Nils
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

You welcome Nils. It's been a mostly fun time, peppered with frustrations. I'm not going away, I'm still willing to help others do rallies, but I feel the elimination of the position might nudge others to do something in their back yard.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Rick, take a break and put your feet up, you deserve it! Thanks for your years of volunteerism and wrangling the troops!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”