C2C Reduex

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: C2C Reduex

Post by EMS »

If you go Northeast, why not include Maine? During the right time of the year you can feast on Lobster at every corner along the coast. A trip to Lubec, the easternmost point in the U.S. is always memorable.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Where do you stop? I'm thinking if we do 4 days in 3 different areas, it might be enough. Operative word being "might."

We've been to/through Maine, and went to Lubec at low tide so the kids could get even father east. Having been to Nova Scotia a couple times, I wouldn't even slow down in Maine for lobster.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:.. I wouldn't even slow down in Maine for lobster...

Shellfish allergy??? :? :?

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

EMS wrote:
Rick Pope wrote:.. I wouldn't even slow down in Maine for lobster...

Shellfish allergy??? :? :?
No, once you've experienced seafood in the Canadian Maritime, Maine doesn't compare. Of course, the exchange rate helps.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

So, once the shellfish crosses the ocean border between Canada and the US it is getting really bad...ey..?? :roll:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I think a lot of my impressions were due to price. With exchange rates as they are, it's on sale farther north. We also found far more little sea side food shacks in Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island, where quality was high, as was ambiance, and easy on the wallet. NS has to work harder for tourist $$, being another days' drive for most folks. When we were there in 2001 and 2003, food and motels ran about 75% as high as US comps, even after factoring exchange rates. But, that was a long time ago, and like I mentioned, another days' drive.
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Well, the lack of responses has lead me to think there might not be enough interest in this to proceed. Plus, we have VMD in July, the Marietta ride in Sept, and Bob Buehler's PA rally will fall in there too.

If anyone feels strongly enough about this to actually volunteer to help, we can carry on. Otherwise, it may just fade away.
Rick Pope

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”