What does a CBX owner drive (4 wheeled type)?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Concours De'elegance Nissan

Post by RIPPER »

My modified truck can be seen at www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf

Click on Equiptment then Rippers Modified truck for hauling motorcycles.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Dave Hansen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Vehicles

Post by Dave Hansen »

Thats a piece of ... art you got there Ripper. I have a CRV Honda and a well used toyota pickup. I used to have a 70 SS454 Chevelle. I still kick myself daily for letting that one go. Also had a Monza 2+2 with a 283 in it, scary fast.

allilump
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by allilump »

To me, a car is something practical you must have in order to get around in rain, cold, and snow. It should not be problematic. I can't seem to find the "fun" in driving cars anymore. Riding my bikes, now that's fun. :!: Therefore, my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport suits me fine....
Have an Xellent day! Steve #5526

72 BMW R75/5 Toaster, 79 CBX

Passx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Passx »

Hi guy's,

guess I tend to like them all, I have a 70 Super CJ Torino with a 460 crank P+P'd heads, cam, headers,etc, etc and around 640 hp, I bought this car the day before I married my wife 30 some years ago as a family car to replace the Camaro I had that only got 3-5 mpg's and the SCJ when stock got 10-12 (a real mileage champ) and had a real back seat and trunk. Boy was my future father-in-law pissed. I also currently have a 94 Dakota Sport that I've leaned on and runs 14.50's at 98 mph (about 300 rear wheel horses). I think the ZR-1 Vette is one of my all time fav Vettes but a Viper, Hemi Cuda, Boos 429, 302, 68 Camaro etc, would also trip my trigger, I love anything HIPO. Hey Mark since you dyno'd your buddies H2 (good numbers too) did ya ever dyno the T-Bike ?

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

Passx,

The turbo bike hasn'tseen any dyno work,it runs plenty strong!The previously posted dyno work was done with a H1 500cc,not an H2----this 500 triple is evil-fast............. :twisted: 8)

texascbx

Post by texascbx »

I have a 92 Ford Explorer with 299,000 miles on it and a 2003 Toyota Sequoia.The Sequoia has more valves than my CBX.When I saw that aluminum DOHC 32 valve engine,I fell in love.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Mikeys 4wd Wheels (69 Blazer Convertible and more)

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

hi all

for my 4wd drive (69 blazer convertible) go here >>> photoisland.com

or

http://arctic.photoisland.com/servlet/c ... IRECT=show

login and passwords located on left are: mabarone cbx

>>>>>>>>>>

you will see

1. my 69 blazer convertible 4wd that made it to nova scotia and back plus stc ohio rally both in last three weeks without issue or trauma

2. my 75 wing endurance racer which has yet to be passed by any stock early model

3. and ofcourse the prize (in my eyes only)....my 80 dawgie that has been a part of my life since new in 1980 which has yet to be passed by any cbx at the track days or on the back road. she has 100k miles now ...tired ....and econo 1100f front and back handling changes. in for final redo now.........might make it to semi-dawgie status after its done.

>>>>>>>>>

i am a chrylser man also and owned a 1970 road runner which i had to order due to my orig order for a 69 340s cuda being declined for being in a week too late and the retooling for the new 70 cudas had started. still ticked about that one

my dream car would be a nascar race version but street legal plymouth superbird or dodge daytona. 426ci hemi ofcourse

>>>>>>>>>

my best sleeper was my 93 plymouth sundance 3.0, 5 speed 4 door work car which now resides permanently at marlinton when i wouldnt caugh up the $500 for a new water pump install since it had 250k miles on it and it finally gave up 30 miles from the rally site towing 3 cbxs

my second best sleeper was a 74 vega gt with competition shocks, oversize swaybars and oversize sticker tires. no power but killed most all vehicles on the back roads. almost bought a cosworth vega

third best sleeper was yamaha sr500 which i stripped down and got to around 320 pounds. some chassis, shock and front end improvements but stock motor ...maybe 30hp at best .....but simply ran away from all the stock 78-79 era multi cylinder japanese bikes of the era on the back roads inc the 79/80 x.

best to all and great topic btw

mike brown barone :wink:

icoa national director

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”