Newby on board.

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Fondahonda »

The 03's are fuel injected.

jetdoc
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jetdoc »

Yes, EFI, plus the 88b is twin cam, counter balanced, rigid mounted. But I am not going to be one of those guys.
[img]http://www.fighter-planes.com/thumbn/f18e_r.jpg[/img]obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Fondahonda »

Friend of mine just bought an '03 FatBoy, and I don't care for the solid wheels, but other than that, I like it. It's a nice bike and I'd like to have one, but for the same money, I could buy from 1 to perhaps as many as 4 bikes that are higher up on my wish list. There's quite a variety on my wish list, and they're all head-turners, but they won't all turn the same heads.

Ken Elmore
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Welcome

Post by Ken Elmore »

Hey jetdoc,

Welcome to our board and you can call me "Dude"--no problem. There are all kinds of things that you can do with your 79 X and there are many guys in this club loaded with info. The CBX is not the fastest bike by modern standards but your 79 model was in 1978 when it came out---and it is still very cool, even by HD standards. CBX's will never handle or make power like 2003 sport bikes, but that does not detract from their inherent charm. Comparing CBX's to HD's is like comparing apples to banana boats :x I am not a Harley Guy--period, but that does not take anything away from HD or the guys that love those bikes--on the recent Death Valley Run, we had a friend riding his Harley like a Sport Bike (among all the CBX's) and it was very cool.

This whole "bike thing" is about riding, sharing ideas, meeting friends, and HAVING FUN!!!!!!!! :twisted:

We are very glad to have you on our board. I am a former Army guy and my experience with USAF aircraft is mostly from leaping out of C-130's (Herky-Birds) and C-141's---I've even jumped C-47's. I totally dig F-4's, F-14's, A-10's--and anything else that goes relatively fast. Kick the tires and light the fires----It's all good!!!!!!

As you can see from below--I own several CBX's and I may own more before this ride is over. I am looking at a $16,000 new 2003 BMW right now----But, how many NICE CBx's and goodies could I buy with the same money?????? IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSONAL CHOICES 8) I may chrome myself so that I look cool on my bikes---Okay, it was just a thought!!!

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR BIKE AND LET US KNOW IF WE CAN HELP YOU. Lets roll some throttle. BTW--Don't let EMS get under your skin--occasionally he has something worthwhile to say. EMS--BE NICE 8)

Cheers, Ken
Ken Elmore, ICOA 5645

CBX-CLUB Deutschland 844, der einzige Ami

Ride Hard, Be Cool

(3) 79's, (2) 80's, (1) 81, (2) 82's

jetdoc
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jetdoc »

Thanks Ken....dude, :wink:. Hopefully my last post to EMS will clear the air. I look forward picking y'alls brains for info when I start to go over my bike.
[img]http://www.fighter-planes.com/thumbn/f18e_r.jpg[/img]obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Clear the air

Post by EMS »

O.K., we Germans are known for being stubborn and opinionated, I can not change that. But we also hardly ever sulk. So, everything is fine here. I always thought we had better things to do than throwing mud at each other anyway.

Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Fondahonda »

jetdoc...why is your bike going backwards?

jetdoc
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jetdoc »

fondahonda, its harder to drive that way! Actually I was trying different gifs/avatars, I will be using something different today......EMS, I am cool with that. I regret being the first one to resort to hurling bad names. I spool up easily, but like you I don't sulk.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

----jetdoc,glad to see you & EMS got some fences mended,that's cool.Ken,what's happening,hope all is well with you too!cb1100f,no need to feel "dirty" about posting the fact you have a '94 Sporty,there's another guy in the memberlist who lists a John Deere tractor in addition to his bikes........... :lol: :lol: Harley needs to take the V-Rod engine and get it in a sportbike frame(a Spondon frame would be cool!)instead of that raked & slammed tractor frame they stuck that engine into.

Anyway,just my $.02........again,it ain't what brand you ride,it's BECAUSE you ride! 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Picture

Post by EMS »

Hey Mark: I have bad eyesight. What is your new Avatar showing??

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Welcome

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

jetdoc welcome to the board, do yourself a favor and join the ICOA and make it to one of the CBX rallies in your area. You can see some of the mods first hand and BS with the owners of the bikes.

I have never seen someone not openly welcome at any CBX rally that I have gone to in 20 yrs regardless of what they rode in on.

I'm glad you made it through the mud of this thread and as you can see many more responses were positive than negative.

If you need any info about the ICOA or upcoming rallies feel free to PM me.

Jeff Bennetts ICOA# 1111 Great Lakes Regional Dir.

jetdoc
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jetdoc »

Hey Jeff, I will join this weekend. I was already thinking about it. There is a rally in WV this summer, my wife and I are planning on attending.....As far as the mud of this thread, yea its not a biggy. I didn't help I suppose, but I was a bit suprised. And you're right, everyone else welcomed me warmly. Thanks Jeff....RonW

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

my avatar?

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,

Three guesses..............it's old,it's black in color,and it's extremely fast & loud.................. :twisted: 8)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I have an old worn out T shirt that says:

SIXTY-EIGHT MINUTES FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

S R 7 1 BLACKBIRD

I wonder what a little ol 68 minute ride would cost...
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

jetdoc
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by jetdoc »

Terry, from what I know about the SR71, its still the highest & fastest flying airplane in the world. Impressive.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”