Parts and prices

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Parts and prices

Post by Terry »

I was able to order almost all the parts I needed from Honda. They didn't have the oil galley caps?) where one would mount an oil gauge. They're on either side remember? Hopefully I can get one from another member. The oil sump screen was available and only $12.30 w/discount. I thought it would be the highest priced but the top fork bolts that take that giant allen wrench to remove, everyone, take care of them. They were $25.91 w/discount, $31.40 retail, each:!: :shock: They will be in Friday. Now I have to get the crunched one out and be careful not to crunch the other. I don't know how/why they were so tight :!: :?: So, thanks again Rocketman for the offer but you can hold onto it. And Mark, if you can find that end cap, I could use it. :D Thanks guys :!:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

If you're speaking of PN 51454-422-003 for the fork bolts, Service Honda lists the "normal price" also as $31.40, but their everyday price to anyone (no discount) is $22.97 for this part.

www.servicehonda.com

I discovered them quite by accident the week I bought my bike - You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found that a new tach cable (inside and outside) was less then 9 bucks!

I added new seals and dust boots for the front calipers to my order, since they advised me that their standard shipping is $8.00 - Got everything about 3 or 4 days after I placed the order.

Just made the one order from them so far, but I'm pretty happy - Their on-line pricing resource is, well . . . . priceless!

P.S. - They show the oil gallery cap (P/N 90040-422-000) as still being available - $9.65 each - You might wanna give them a call.

Don

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

One Old Guy's Opinion!!!

Post by Tom Whaley »

Terry,

I don't know your reasons for installing a oil pressure gauge (if I read your last post right) but myself I wouldn't do it. :flame: To start with you would have to be looking at the gauge at the time something failed or you would smoke the engine anyway. :cry: Of the two I have seen on a CBX both of them started leaking at very un-opportune times. :( It takes something like 20+ lbs. to make the oil light go out so you know you still have oil pressure as long as it is out. If you do install a oil pressure gauge don't buy one of those VDO or similar pieces of crap. Go to a commercial Hyd. shop and check out some real gauges. Well I've upset the apple cart enough for now.

Tom,
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

parts,gauges,etc.

Post by sr71cbx »

Terry,
Rocketman had a good point about gauges,I use a set of liquid-filled gauges myself,they're expensive but do the job well.I also ran a braided steel line up to my mechanical gauge on my dash setup,this gets it away from any vibration & heat. 8)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Don, thanks for the site. I've heard a lot of good stuff about servicehonda. Could have saved a few bucks! Paying $17.65 including S&H is a bit much though for the oil galley cap, unless of course, I couldn't find one anywhere else. Hopefully I can.
Tom, after (removing) the stuck VDO oil pressure gauge I cranked the galley cap just a bit too tight and it cracked. I won't be installing another. It did read around 20+ lbs at idle and around 60+ when on the freeway. I liked it fine until it stuck at 60+ and never returned. It came with the bike and worked fine for almost a year.
Mark, I emailed you with address and thanks.

Terry
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”