Daytona, who’s going and when?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Daytona, who’s going and when?

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

I’m thinking of going this year, 1st time since the 90’s. I’m going solo and it’s a 15 hr drive to a friends place in Deltona, Sanford area, most likely leaving here March 1st and heading home Saturday or Sunday, before it gets too crazy.

Anyone want to meet up and I’m looking for a place to stay 7 or 8 hrs midway, somewhere near Columbia SC Buehler, Buehler, anyone ?

The last time I made a Daytona Bike week was the mid 90's, Myself Dave Ditner and his wife Susan, Pope and his bride Susan and many more members who have since passed stayed in a beach house the ICOA CBX club had rented, Jim Redman and his wife stayed with us for a couple days as he was riding TeamObsolte's RC166 around the track, what an opportunity it was to see all those little Honda 6's lined up in a row at TO paddock, a bucket list event fooshow! I’d like to do Daytona one more time before my dirt nap.

Starting point is Ohio!

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Daytona, who’s going and when?

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

C7C749A0-E5E6-47F5-98A7-04F79C614567.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oldxrider1*
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by oldxrider1* »

Jeff,
I'm going, as usual (the track is only 90 miles from home), and staying with some budz in the infield, in a motorhome.
BTW, the AHRMA races were back in January - went down with a friend just for the day (the 8th). Bill Brindt's son did well, in the Heavyweight Superbike class. Bill had 2 CBXs there in race trim. I'll try and post some pix - they had a few outfits (sidecars) racing as well! This March, the half-mile dirt track at the Volusia County Speedway is racing on 11 and 12 March. We'll be trailering our '71 and '72 CB750s down, just for putzing around. If you're going to be at the track between Thur. (PM) 10 Mar. and Sun. (Noon) 13 Mar., we'll hope to see you!
Shiny side up!
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Excellent pics and sounds like you are planning a great trip, I’m going early but don’t think I’m staying late, but you never know! :think:

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

The weather is going to be great, averaging In the mid 70’s! I will be there begging March 1st, still looking for someone to meet up with, Buehler, Buehler?

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”