Did my road test today......Police got involved

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Crazy Canuck
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Did my road test today......Police got involved

Post by Crazy Canuck »

cbx pic.jpg
Well today I took my second road test this year.....failed the first one after a mis-communication with a guy on a bicycle at a crosswalk (my bad.)
It's very hard to get road tests here in Alberta, as the government took back control of road testing after inconsistencies using the private sector, so today was my day.

Late last week I thought we'd never get it done as a snow storm blew in and dumped about 3" of snow and the forecast didn't look good. Over the weekend though it gradually started warming and continued until it was about 6 degrees C this AM when I showed up for my test.

Went through all the pre-test stuff on the big six and got underway with the testing, about half way through I pulled up beside a cop truck at a set of lights. From what the examiner told me (he was following right behind and could see everything they were doing) they were very interested in me ( probably wondering why this wingnut is out in the cold....) and immediately punched in my license plate into their computer and could tell from that that I only had a class 3 license, they kind of forced their way in-between the examiner and me and then switched on their lights.....I was able to pull off the road into a parking lot and they both followed.
Before the Cops got to me, the examiner was yelling at them that I was currently on a road test and that seemed to make them happy.....they just came over asked my name and if I was the registered owner.

In the picture You can see my front end sticking out in front of the cops truck.....pic taken by the examiner...LOL
All went well and I passed, so after years of intermittently riding without a licence I can now slide right up beside the cops and not have to worry......NOT!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forrest Miller :thumupp:

Honda CBX 1000- "A cosmic haymaker of a motorcycle" -Mr. Tadashi Kume

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Did my road test today......Police got involved

Post by Larry Zimmer »

One of the better episodes, Forrest. Many thanks for sharing this one. And, congrats for staying with it. Now, if the glaciers will only recede!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Good story, Forrest.
Seems a little heavy handed by the cops. I also think the tester vehicle should be marked.

Regardless, congrats on being legal. haha

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

I'm curious - what were you doing for this test that's not permitted with a Class 3 license?

Here in ON, you get an M1 license with a written test, and M2 license with a parking lot test, and with the M2 you can do anything except have alcohol in your system. The test for the full M is out on the road, but doesn't involve anything that wouldn't be cool with your M2.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Crazy Canuck
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Crazy Canuck »

I’m think their thoughts are “ why is this nut riding around on a bike with a winter parka on when most sane people have put their bikes away for the winter”
Let’s pull him over and find out.
Forrest Miller :thumupp:

Honda CBX 1000- "A cosmic haymaker of a motorcycle" -Mr. Tadashi Kume

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”