Start noise

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Start noise

Post by tazz »

Hi Al.l can any off you help me here ok here it go when I let the bike sit for 3,more days and I go to start her after hitting the start button on 4 or 5 try that engine makes this loud noise don't know that is,do any of you? it stop then i hit start bottom again sec. or third time she makes a loud noise again i stop again sometime you hear the starter keep on turning have to hit the kill switch it stops then hit the start bottom again 3,4 time she start running with NO problem. you can turn it off then and she start right up like nothing ever happen take her out she run GREAT hit 50,60miles per hour and up smooth and she sound great. If you start her the next day you never get the BAD engine sound like she going to blow-up. This only happen went she sit for 4 or 5 day and you don't start her up. do any of you know what this sound is and why and how can it be fix. I took it to a mechanic that hows CBX and he say the valves sound good but the cab. are off synchronize the bike only as 34,000 miles. sorry for my BAD English and long paragraph.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Start noise

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Sounds like it might be a clutch rattle but the fact it only makes the noise intermittently rules that out.
Maybe the starter clutch? Does it sound anything like this Honda DOHC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPpScwzbfM

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”