How is everybody?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

How is everybody?

Post by Syscrush »

Hey all.

These are strange and trying times. I just wanna check in and say that I hope all of my CBX brothers (and sisters if you're out there!) are managing OK.

My wife and I have been trying to hold down 2 full-time jobs working from home with 2 young kids, and it's been a constant scramble. Can't wait to see the end of this, but still being diligent about following guidelines in the hopes that we come out the other side in decent shape.

Good luck to all of you, here's hoping that you stay safe and healthy.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Re: How is everybody?

Post by Rick Pope »

Life hasn't really changed much for us. With both of us having made career changes (meaning we're both semi retired) in the past couple years, we just go about doing what we do best. Other than not being able to visit restaurants or travel, we haven't suffered.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Similar to Rick, Phil. Things not too different for this old coot. Except, don't have much anywhere to go if/when I do go out. Might ride a little -- just no destination. Hapy to hear you are working. Good 'stuff'.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Same as Rick and Larry!

I'm retired but my wife is still working, they have military contracts. The guys in the plant are at %100 capacity but the office is at about %50, most of them can work from home though, there are some exceptions due to the federal guidelines, people with young kids in daycare get 12 weeks off paid but have to have documentation to prove it. It's a blessing and a curse though, my wife works in personal and has management over all the drivers and subcontractors, so she is exposed to some shady characters whom may not be following all the social guidelines.

The social protocols can be skirted if your employer is a dumbass but that all will be coming to an end, DeWine or Governor has put together a task force to start inspecting any business still operating or requesting to start back up, if they aren't up to code they will be shut down, government contracts or not.

For the rest of the workforce around here I'd say 60% are shut down, so a lot of small busines owners are not working.

Hopefully all is clear by September so the Marietta OH Rally can commence, looking forward to seeing everyone again!
:dance:

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Welcome back ICOA website !!
I am still alive and well here in Marina del Rey, California.
I haven't really been out for nearly two months. While I am not in New York,
things here in Los Angeles are not good either. I am just cutting my risk staying inside.
Things could be much worse and all is well for me.
I hope that everyone else is OK too.
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Crazy Canuck
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Crazy Canuck »

Hi Guys...
I'm pretty new to the forum here and have posted a little, and am getting to know who the regulars are by observing who replies to the posts. Glad the forum is up and running again!
All is well here SE of Edmonton, my wife is retired but I'm still working as my job has been labeled essential work... (flying crews into the diamond and gold mines in the Northwest Territories / Nunavut.)
I find it kind of creepy going to work as everyone now wears masks while on the plane and nobody is allowed on or off until all protocols are met. I'll be glad when this all comes to an end.
Lucky for me though I'm getting a lot of time off, and with all that spare time I've spent most of the winter giving my -new to me- bike a face lift after sitting in a shed for 16 years. Here's a couple of pics, last August and last week. Just a few things to do now and she should be ready for the summer.
IMG_5236.JPG
20200411_184841.jpg
20200411_180722.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forrest Miller :thumupp:

Honda CBX 1000- "A cosmic haymaker of a motorcycle" -Mr. Tadashi Kume

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Nice setup! :clap:

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Great to see the forum back! Yes, with both of us retired, life isn't a lot different. Not much virus out here in the sticks, I go out riding any chance I get. Been up to my eyeballs in CBX work all winter, and it's still coming. Guys are still spending money!

Dave

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Retired here as well, so life hasn't been all that different. I guess you've all heard the controversy regarding the state of Georgia opening up too soon (starts today), but the wife and I are still planning on sheltering in place for a while. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

As stated elsewhere, I never saw the forum being down! Could always log in, read and even post (if I wanted to). What was going on?

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Major software update, Mike. Essentially, all new guts. Although, to the 'outside world' still looks and acts the same. Significant issue was retaining the database of all the posts and search feature. Should be good for our future, now.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

EMS wrote:As stated elsewhere, I never saw the forum being down! Could always log in, read and even post (if I wanted to). What was going on?
While we were down, when I'd try to post I'd get a message something like "Not enough Content" or such. I tried several times to reply to the fellow in Nova Scotia as a test. It seemed funny that he could post, but I could not.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Don't know what, Rick. Every one who wrote to me had the same result that you and I had.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

No one sick in my family :handgestures-fingerscrossed: , at least a dozen of them have serious health conditions that are keeping them isolated.

Nearly my entire family are working from home so we're very lucky to have income when so many others do not. I lost my part-time employment to Covid but my sugar momma makes enough to keep me in lifestyle I'm used to.

With all my free time I was looking forward to cruising on empty roads, even rush hour traffic is sparse, the city core deserted. What I didn't anticipate is I've no longer anywhere where to go, I never realized going that going somewhere was always part of the plan, that there needs to be a destination at the end of the journey.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I hear ya. Yesterday was very nice, and warm. We wanted to take a nice ride to a little town about 60 miles away , grab a deli sandwich, and take it to a state park where we would sit by a waterfall for lunch. Uhhh, Indiana state parks are closed. So, we meandered through the countyside and took 2 hours to get to a little carry-out food place, that's only 30 minutes away. They had a picnic table outside....
Rick Pope

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”