Mel out of hospital!!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Mel out of hospital!!

Post by cbxmel »

Just a short thankyou to those of you who found out I was in hospital for replacement hip surgery. All went well and hope to be firing on all six soon!!

Mel UK #1876
Last edited by cbxmel on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Mel out of hospital!!

Post by EMS »

Good to know all went well, Mel! I went through that in 2013.
If you are like most of the patients, you will eventually say "I wish I had that done earlier".
The improvement in your movements and reduction in pain is sooooo significant!

Only issue is, you need to be careful about infections. To this day, 5 years after, I still take antibiotics before very teeth cleaning!

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

EMS wrote:Good to know all went well, Mel! I went through that in 2013.
If you are like most of the patients, you will eventually say "I wish I had that done earlier".

Only issue is, you need to be careful about infections. To this day, 5 years after, I still take antibiotics before very teeth cleaning!
:thumupp: What EMS said.

I just had a hip replacement this past November and it was a breeze compared to my knee replacement a couple yrs ago. It's amazing how much of my lower and middle back pain disappeared after the hip was replaced, do your physical therapy and stay of the ice for awhile, you'll be kicking up the dust in no time.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

So the dream of playing in the Premier League is back on?
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, Mel.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

my surgeon told me that he no longer requires his patients to take antibiotics for dental work a year after surgery :think:
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Jeff Bennetts wrote:

:thumupp: What EMS said.

I just had a hip replacement this past November and it was a breeze compared to my knee replacement a couple yrs ago. It's amazing how much of my lower and middle back pain disappeared after the hip was replaced, do your physical therapy and stay of the ice for awhile, you'll be kicking up the dust in no time.
yup I heard the knee replacement was worse than a hip,good to know if I need a hip knee replacement bloody hell that knee replacement hurt... I told my surgeon when he does my other knee I want opioids I'm not doing it again with the aspirin equivalent he gave me for pain, the first two sleepless weeks were torture...but I do wish I done it five years sooner it's given me a life again, out of retirement and working part time :D ...
Last edited by wyly on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

cbxmel wrote:Just a short thankyou to those of you who found out I was in hospital for replacement hip surgery. All went well and hope to be firing on all six soon!!

Mel UK #1876
good for you...joint replacement is a quality of life changer

Christoferfer
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Christoferfer »

That is amazing! I hope she feels ok now! One of my friends also had hip surgery, and he felt severe pain for a few weeks. When I think about such types of surgery, I feel pain as well. I can't really imagine how such a big bone can be operated.
When I went to the hospital to take my friend, I saw a lot of patients there. It was surprising to see the doctors handle the situation with such a big volume of work. So I asked one of them how it is possible to manage such a big volume of work. He told me they use https://www.iinsight.biz/ automation software which helps them manage all the statistics and patients history faster. I found the site by his recommendation. It would be really nice if all the hospitals used such software.
Last edited by Christoferfer on Tue May 04, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amgcbx

Post by Amgcbx »

Yo ... hello guys.... right ankle replacement done 2 yrs ago 20 years after shattering it on my jet ski. Pain free with much more range of movement, no opioids taken.
Recovery was wicked.... bedridden first 30 days, home on crutches for the next 30 days, only very slight weight bearing at 75 days post surgery.... good as new now !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AshishNJ »

That is one eye hurting ankle 🥸
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

Michael Vidovic
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Michael Vidovic »

HI
Hope recovery goes quickly. I just had left knee replaced. Woke up with a football for my knee! Went home after rehab and had to go back because of infection. Things are falling into place now 9 weeks on but still along way to go. Lots of aches and pains still but should be worth it.
...always walk out of the room smarter than you walked in...

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Excellent news!
Wishing you a painless and swift recovery.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”