CBX Racing

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX Racing

Post by Syscrush »

Warwick Biggs wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:53 am
Did I do that?
No, I meant the phenomenon you're describing of people walking up and telling you what they think of our bikes and/or what we should do with them. "My cousin's buddy had one with a TURBO KIT on it - you should do that!!!" "If I had one of these I'd put a 330 tire on the back!" :lol:
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

The best way to share video is by posting it to YouTube, then you can embed it directly in your post with the tags:

[youtube] put the URL here, but with an http prefix instead of https [/youtube]

That lets you embed videos like this:

Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Warwick Biggs
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

Thanks Phil, I'll try it when I have some time.

As for pontifications, you are off the hook but whenever I see that term it reminds me of an event back in the early 60's. It was summer and my parent's place overlooked a popular beach that was packed with cars, people, dogs, umbrellas, etc when I noticed a commotion further up the beach. As it grew closer I could see a large low car (it turned out to be an open pink Cadillac) with somebody standing tall in the back surrounded by a crowd that was moving at the same slow pace as the vehicle.

The person in the back was very tall, robed in white and carmine, his height exagerated by a mitre hat and he appeared to be sprinkling water and blessing the crowd. It was Phil Nunn-Smith, a well known Oz female impersonator and member of Les Girls cabaret act. He was literally pontificating and that was in the era when we had much stricter sacrilege laws in Oz but also a reforming Pope in JP the VI.

I thought it was striking and funny and the people on the beach seemed to think so too. I wonder how it would go down today with all the evangelicals?

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Well, I can tell you that THIS Pope would laugh as well. Can't speak for the others.....
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

I think you misunderstand evangelicals, but this is way off-topic, as we privately discussed before.

Dave

Warwick Biggs
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Warwick Biggs »

Still off topic but relevant to my racing here is a pic of my last road bike and the proud new owner. The BM was barely run in after 14 years or ownership. Since the stroke I rarely do long trips anymore and find the weight (even of a twin) too much to handle comfortably.

Still, sorry to see such a nice bike go and the end of an era is always a bit sad. Now attention has to return to my racers.
The Lump needs another session on the dyno to clean up the top end and the 400 needs a new set of pistons and a re-bore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”