Next Big Ralley

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

So, from what EMS says, if we stay west of the congested area in Wyoming, and just a bit later on the calendar, we can miss the crowds?

Perhaps a plan can come from this.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Rick Pope wrote:So, from what EMS says, if we stay west of the congested area in Wyoming, and just a bit later on the calendar, we can miss the crowds?

Call me Nebraska cornfused, but who from the east coast thinks Wyoming is "closer to the middle of the country so the west coast guys can join us." :no :no :no

Mike
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Mike Barone #123 wrote:
Rick Pope wrote:So, from what EMS says, if we stay west of the congested area in Wyoming, and just a bit later on the calendar, we can miss the crowds?

Call me Nebraska cornfused, but who from the east coast thinks Wyoming is "closer to the middle of the country so the west coast guys can join us." :no :no :no

Mike
That got me laughing Mike, thanks! :lol: BTW, its only 532 miles farther from NYC to Cheyenne WY than it is from my house to Cheyenne, 1,736 to 1,204 miles. Just another day's ride. 8) The middle of Nebraska is more like the middle of the country. Maybe they're not really talking 'east' coast here. :wink:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Terry wrote:
Mike Barone #123 wrote:

Mike
That got me laughing Mike, thanks! :lol: BTW, its only 532 miles farther from NYC to Cheyenne WY than it is from my house to Cheyenne, 1,736 to 1,204 miles. Just another day's ride. 8) The middle of Nebraska is more like the middle of the country. Maybe they're not really talking 'east' coast here. :wink:

Terry

Heyyyyyyyyyy Terry....welcome back. :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope being back here with us perks you up somewhat each day. We all know it won't change what has already happened, but when I get down just reading posts and checking the photos helps a bit and I hope this works for you also.

>>>>>>

Ricks Rally Location

Another perspective here is not so much Ricks rally site for me but the wonderful places Donna and I have been able to go because of the ICOA Rallies. I guess I have to admit it....we were travel and tour deprived, but going to the great rally sites and riding the ride in the mountains and twisties of Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Vermont has, in reality, changed my life.

Combine this rally travel with meeting wonderful CBXers and making life long friends...and it has been quite a rewarding journey in all respects over the last 25 years or so from a travel standpoint....... it does not matter where Rick has the rally........we will try to be there.

Best now and again glad to see you back here with us.

Mike

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Good to hear from you, Terry! I hope that the occasional chuckle you will get from hanging with us nutcases will help. 8)

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

:shock: :shock: :shock: 532 miles for you and your Hayabusa is only a few hours ...for the rest of us it is 8-10 hours. Nomatter.......see you there.

Just a thought

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

This ralley can take place anywhere, and as Mike pointed out, it's all about the people.

The Rockies are more centrally located than most eastern folks believe, adn worth the travel time. That said, I think there are possibly more ICOA member who could attend an event east of the Mississippi.

But, I wanna do it all. I figure every 5 years we oughta do a really big ralley, and the rolling platform first used my MB seems to work fairly well.

Keep tossing out ideas, my plan is evolving.................
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:This ralley can take place anywhere, and as Mike pointed out, it's all about the people.

The Rockies are more centrally located than most eastern folks believe, Keep tossing out ideas, my plan is evolving.................
Here is something interesting: Wichita, Kansas is almost dead in the middle between New York and Los Angeles - 1380 miles of road in each direction- how about that, GregW 8) 8)
The Geographical Center of the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) is in Belle Fourche, North Dakota :shock: This was determined by taking the land mass (surface) into account. It used to be somewhere in Kansas when only the contiguous states were considered.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

I say we have yet another great topic to discuss at the Winter Rally.

See everyone Friday late afternoon.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Will not be there until Saturday morning. Hope to make it for breakfast

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”