2008 C2C2C or Dan's coming to visit (hide the children)

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

So Terry what do think? It can just about anything that I am willing to give to her. Louis

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Well Louis, I'd say that I would certainly give it a try. As I said, having ridden pretty fast on my Xs, that aerodynamics really come into play at those speeds and handling would be my only concern. That flat front side of the mighty six has to be pushing a huge wall of air at speed. Say, does the front end go skyward in the lower gears or just spin the tire? :lol: My first unintentional wheelie on the Busa was sure a surprise. :oops: The 'landing' was even worse! :shock: :x
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

No wheelies unless you want one. Handles very well for me. One of these days if you are ever down here in my neck of the woods you will have to give it a spin.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Louis wrote: . My bike is very hard to hold onto since I do not have a faring. I have had it to 163mph now .
How did you figure this, Louis??? If I remember correctly you have the same 300km/h speedo as I have on my '79 :? I think it is quite an achievement for anybody to look at the speedo at these speeds on a non-fairing bike, which is hard to hold on to, on public roads, being able to exactly tell 163 mph, by looking at a speedo calibrated in km/h :shock: :shock:
The relationship between horsepower needed to achieve incremental speed follows a cube function, because of the wind resistance. Considering that a 105hp bike was capable of 135mph, in order to do 165mph that very same bike would need 190hp. A large frame rider will compound the problem. Do you think you, as a rider, would get a bon-stock '79 to 135 mph :?: :?: A little 5'6", 145 pound Japanese test rider, maybe. A 6'2" 178 lbs Floridian :shock: I am not so sure.... :?

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Louis, if you pay the airfare, I'll come down and let you know what it'll do with a 250+lb, 5'10" rider on it. Are there any straight roads there?
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Terry wrote: My first unintentional wheelie on the Busa was sure a surprise. :oops: The 'landing' was even worse! :shock: :x
I was just taking my Zx11 around the block around my house on a weekend morning. I had a sleeveless tee shirt, shorts and flip flops on. At the stop sign right by my house, I gave it too much gas and did a very big, very unintentional wheelie. Panic caused me to completely back off the gas and I slammed the bike back down. I guess that was my "squid" moment. :lol:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”