CBX Radar Detector Mount

vinceciotti
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Radar Detector Mount

Post by vinceciotti »

I try to ride my X slow, but can't! Anybody have any ideas on how to mount a radar detector? I've got a 79 and an 82, pretty much stock. Thanks in advance!

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by real6 »

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/ac ... efault.asp

I purchased a couple brackets from here and they work great on my FZ-1, will look tonight on my 79 and see what I think. Maybe the mastercylinder mount one? Quality of the brackets if fantastic, very impressed.

real6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by real6 »

I looked at the master cylinder mount that I am using on my '06 Yamaha FZ-1 and it looks like it would work well on the 79 master cylinder mounting clamp. If you need a picture, let me know and I'll take a couple.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Well what I did on TURBO was used Dual lock on the master cyl. I also use a set of $1.99 WalMart ear phones. I had the turbo up to 144mph that week (since I just built the motor did not want to push it) and stayed on without looking like it was going to come off. No brackets or mounts. I was told you can get the dual lock at Radio Shack.It works great. I ran a power supply from the batt. When I was at the CBX rallies in GA and NC it saved me 3 times.Would not ride without it. Louis

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

www.motorcycleradar.com has nice packages with detectors also.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Velcro on top of the front brake reservoir ( which worked very well) but now that is redundant as I fitted a GIVI fairing. Soooo.... looking at a handlebar mounting pad similar to the one on my Beemer.

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX Radar Detector Mount

Post by Will »

vinceciotti wrote:I try to ride my X slow, but can't! Anybody have any ideas on how to mount a radar detector? I've got a 79 and an 82, pretty much stock. Thanks in advance!
I've made up a piece of aluminum that mounts on top of the brake resevoir. It's just about the same size as the detector. Then the detector gets Velcroed to that piece of aluminum. Use that super Velcro and the red rubber band from a small celery bunch of celery.

No, I'm not going out in the garage for a picture. It's cold out there.

Return to “RIDER GEAR: Boots, Gloves, Helmets, Jackets, Leathers, Rainsuits, Textile Suits”