New 6 pot Caliper Upgrade

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New 6 pot Caliper Upgrade

Post by wyly »

JustMike wrote:I`ve not been on for a while so just been catching up on the comments.
I must stress that I have no intentions of upgrading or hotrodding my CBX.
Modifications have been limited to a 6 into 1 exhaust so that I can keep the original system safe.
Also I replaced the original rear shocks with a set of standard looking Hagon shocks which are just as bouncy as the originals.
The front calipers have been changed because the way I ride I need good stopping power and quite frankly the original brakes are rubbish.
But I knew they were bad as I have very fond memories from back in the 80`s of running wide on bends or not being able to stop on time for turns etc.
They were not cheap to buy at £700 UK. But if they stop me from running wide on a bend just once, they have paid for themselves.
So modifications can be done to improve things without turning a bike into a hotrod, and the way I`ve done it I can have my bike back to fully original in a couple of hours.
Now my other hack gives me all the power I need if I ever find the CBX lacking. A Triumph Rocket 3.

Mike
Agreed. Oem is great on someone else's ride but I enjoy being alive so braking and handling are a minimum upgrade. All my cosmetic changes can be reversed as I stored away all the oem parts and bought spares to modify it to my taste and riding ergonomics.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AshishNJ »

I was wondering how these calipers been holding up. We’re they worth the money in your opinion ?
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

JustMike
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by JustMike »

Sorry I did not realise someone had left a question for me.
The calipers work awesome.
But sadly the company closed down last year due to the owners retiring and nobody taking on the business. So these calipers are no longer being made which is a great shame.

Mike

Return to “BRAKES: Calipers, Pads, Lines, Rotors, Upgrades & Fixes”