Upgraded Cam Holder Bolts for CBX and 4 cyl dohc

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

CBX-tras
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Upgraded Cam Holder Bolts for CBX and 4 cyl dohc

Post by CBX-tras »

FYI, when using the 12.9 grade bolts, be aware that there might be interference with the valve cover due to the socket head and washer, being taller than the stock flange head, hex bolts.
This can prevent proper crush to the gasket and cause oil leaks.
Photo below of where you need to look marked in red. Do a test fit WITHOUT the gasket of the valve cover. if it "rocks" and doesn't sit flat to the cylinder head flange then, you have an issue that needs to be addressed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

genesound
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by genesound »

Since somebody here in their infinite wisdom has removed my ability to edit my own for sale listings, I can't change it, adjust the prices, or even declare I'm out of parts and not doing this anymore, certainly at a loss as it's been for a while. If someone sends me money I guess I should just keep it? No, I have more scruples than that, I'll refund it of course, but I'm done. Don't send me any money.

And thanks to all of those that bought these and used them over the years. I just sold the last 2 sets to a guy from here a few weeks ago.

Good luck everybody.

And BTW JR, I sold lots of these to people with CBXs and I-4s, and nobody ever reported any issues with the valve cover hitting the bolts. What a disingenuous and basically dishonest fool. You've been a pain in my ass for years. You'll get yours one day.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Thanks for the memories Gene, I have bought a few sets of your viton valve stem seals over the years, thanks and good luck!

Jeff

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Gene, yes, I limited the ability to edit old posts, because for reasons I’ll never understand, a few users went back and deleted their posts and made a mess out of a lot of informative threads. My doing. If you want specific edits on the post, copy the text, edit, repost it here in thread and I will transfer the updated text to the first post and delete the holder post.

Nils Menten
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”