there is more to life than tim's

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

dave z

there is more to life than tim's

Post by dave z »

hi,
everybody seemed to be soo concerned with the closing of tim's... there are other suppliers ( some much cheaper too.. )
how about a listing of suppliers that have parts available for our favorite machines? (or is there a list already?)
such as:

PartsNMore.com
(very much same as tim's)

CBXPerformance.com
good selection.. (again much like tim's)

motionpro.com control cables..ect

bikebandit.com
has some stuff

there are others i am sure....

o.k. now tim's is a supplier as are all of these...i personally try to order stuff from several suppliers
because i would like them to continue to support our favorite machine so i will support them ( if we all order from only tim's these other places will go away )

Jeffrey Blanding
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

supporting CBX suppliers

Post by Jeffrey Blanding »

Another CBX supplier, especially NOS items, is:

David Silver Spares (www.davidsilverspares.co.uk)

Great service, and reasonable prices...

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

I think some of the concern is the exclusive rights Tims has on some of the parts we want.Dyna ignitions for one,Some pistons ?and exhausts? to name a few.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Tims

Post by SS »

I agree with Ripper, recently I spoke with Bob Franzke regarding Kerker, and they (Kerker) are not really willing to sell Bob (or anyone else the CBX exhaust systems) as long as Tim's is in biz and has the exclusive deal with them.

Even though Tim's may have been a "marginal" customer to Kerker, for some time now.

IMHO it shows some loyalty from mfg. to their dist. customer, and I find many mfg's are as loyal to distributors as alley cats are to one another.
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

peter chechotko
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

partsnmore

Post by peter chechotko »

just like to say . i ordered two tail lenses from these guys. one they are not a match to the original 79. they are thick , wavy plastic, and in my mind a poor substitute. for an original.. also got front brake switches , and clutch springs. would advise other s to shop for name brand higher qality goods. safe riding folks.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Pete,

Welcome to the site.

While I have not personally dealt with TIMS, I know a lot of folks who are satisfied customers. But, we need feed-back, good or bad. Thanks for your post.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

peter chechotko
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

partsnmore

Post by peter chechotko »

i think i might have mudied the waters a little, the lenses, switches etc. where thru partsnmore, not tims.

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”