Electronic oil pressure sensor hookup?

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

JCLN
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Electronic oil pressure sensor hookup?

Post by JCLN »

Hello,

1981 and 1982 CBX.

On my 1982 bike, I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the left side of the engine that I have to look down to see. ON the right right of that engine I have an electronic sensor unit for the oil temperature which goes to a gauge on the fairing. The oil temp gauge and sensor of of unknown origin. I bought both bikes used and I cannot see any brand names on the gauges / sensor.

On my 1981 bike I would like to hookup a electronic sensor that has a 1/8" NPT male fitting that will connect via a wire to a gauge that I will mount on my fairing, probably where that basically useless altimeter gauge is now. I live in Florida where the altitude varies from 0 to about 200 above sea level.

My question is where / how do I mount the 1/8" NPT sensor on my 1981? On the 1982 the oil pressure gauge mounts to a plug as does the sensor for the oil temp on the right hand side of the motor.

Is there some sort of adapter that I can buy that adapts the plug on either side of the motor to 1/8" NPT? The plug that I am talking about has a female allen head on it that is 12MM.

My motivation for this is that I would prefer to keep my eyes on the road ahead instead of looking down to see what my engine vitals are.

Thanks for any tips.

Clint
====

512tr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Electronic oil pressure sensor hookup?

Post by 512tr »

You can put a 1/8 NPT Tee where your oil pressure light sensor is, and add your gauge pressure sensor

There are many different Tee configurations.
Skjermbilde 2023-09-04 090017.png
Skjermbilde 2023-09-04 085904.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”