Vendor Intro: KM Carburetor

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

KM Carburetor
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Vendor Intro: KM Carburetor

Post by KM Carburetor »

Hello all!

My name is Kurt and I've started making/procuring/selling some of the highest quality vintage motorcycle parts available after being unhappy with some of the current offerings. Throughout my time restoring Honda CBX/DOHC, later model Honda sport bike and vintage Kawasaki carbs I've come across A LOT of sub par stuff being sold for our bikes.

Everything I sell has been tried and tested on the actual bikes they are meant for, either by myself, CBX guru and Master Rebuilder J.R. Luksik (CBX-tras here) or actual customers as part of our product testing program BEFORE being offered for sale. The bottom line is, nothing we offer is "good enough." It's the best.

Some of you are certainly already familiar with my complete carburetor restoration screw kits. They are of course still available in both bright and plain zinc plating, but I would like to take a moment to show you what else we have been working on.

Clutch Damper Kits

Currently available kits to replace the clutch dampers in your 79-80 CBX require you to grind down the heads of the bolts in order to clear the shield in the motor. This is a half-baked solution that at best is inconvenient and at worse detrimental to the temper of the screw causing it to weaken. We've sourced strength class 10.9 bolts that are made in Japan and are dimensionally almost identical to the factory Honda clutch rivets. That means they require NO modification after installation. NO Grinding, NO filing, NO hassle. They will retain their heat treat and hex socket in case later removal is necessary. (see attached photos)

Price for the 6 piece kit for 1979 clutches is $65. 9 Piece kit for 1980 clutches is $80.

Free shipping in the continental USA for orders greater than $99. $5 flat rate shipping for orders in the USA under the $99 threshold.

We also have new reproduction CBX oil pickup tube strainers with stainless steel mesh and a temperature rating of 395 degrees Fahrenheit, carburetor parts including choke shaft seals, throttle link seals, vent tees, air cut valves, accelerator pump diaphragms, Viton o-rings and float bowl gaskets and as always they absolute HIGHEST quality JIS screws you can find anywhere. Full concours quality carburetor restoration kits are coming as well, so stay tuned for more.

any questions or orders can be emailed to me at kurt@kmcarburetor.com

Thanks for checking us out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
High Quality JIS Screw Kits and Screwdriver Bits for Vintage Japanese Motorcycles
www.KMCarburetor.com
Kurt@KMCaburetor.com

CBX-tras
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Vendor Intro: KM Carburetor

Post by CBX-tras »

Kurt and I have been working on bringing the best components on the planet to the CBX and DOHC 4 communities for over a year
Stocked here in the USA for fast, domestic delivery.
Those of you that know me, understand that I won't provide anything that don't meet my expectations of quality and performance. You can buy with confidence, anything that we offer.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Thanks so much for bringing these much-needed products here in the States. And improvements to boot.

Dave

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

When will the carb viton O rings and gaskets be available?

Thank you
Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Very cool. It's always great to see vendors stand behind our favorite bikes.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

KM Carburetor

Post by KM Carburetor »

cross wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:39 pm
When will the carb viton O rings and gaskets be available?

Thank you
Sasha
By the end of the month we should have everything in stock to offer a full concours quality rebuild kit.
High Quality JIS Screw Kits and Screwdriver Bits for Vintage Japanese Motorcycles
www.KMCarburetor.com
Kurt@KMCaburetor.com

CBX-tras
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBX-tras »

Although not posted to the site yet, we already have OEM (or better) spec available separately for the CBX:
Vent Tees
Center Linkage Seals
Choke Shaft Seals
Oil Pickup screens
Viton Float Bowl Gaskets

Just hit up Kurt and he'll hook you up.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

CBX-tras wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:29 pm
Although not posted to the site yet, we already have OEM (or better) spec available separately for the CBX:
Vent Tees
Center Linkage Seals
Choke Shaft Seals
Oil Pickup screens
Viton Float Bowl Gaskets

Just hit up Kurt and he'll hook you up.
Thank you sir!
Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”