TIMS IS SOLD

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kerker 6:1........

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,

The front part of the Kerker 6:1 header is actually a DG unit,the DG pipes are still available,I just ordered one from Dennis Kirk for about 4 & a quarter,shipping free.

Just a thought! 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Kerker 6:1

Post by EMS »

I have absolutely no experience with the Kerker. Is it a header with a slip-on-muffler, like their Supertrapps? And is the header a DG part or identical to that? How does the whole thing from Tim's compare pricewise with a complete DG and is the $425.- for the complete DG? :?: :?:

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

pipes

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,

The Kerker 6:1 listed in the Tims catalogue for $595.00 and the DG system was listed at $395.00,yes,the $425.00 I mentioned was what I paid out the door for my DG system,waiting for shipment on that.The silencer on the Kerker system just goes right on the front half of the exhaust,as does the DG system. 8)

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Be careful with the D&G. I went through 2 sets that I could not get the pipes to fit in the collector.The first set only let 2 fit and the second set was even worse it wouldn't fit ANY. It would have taken grinding ALL the chrome off the ends to get them to slide in.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

My spare set of pipes is the TIMS (Kerker) 6 into 1 comp setup with the small end plate which I'm told is really the DG with a Kerker can on it. To install, you have to mount 1, 2, 3 and 6, put the can on and tighten things up, then remove 6 and then install 4, 5 and 6 again. After about three-four tries, it worked! Sounds great (really great) but the left side of the bike looks bare. If I could get that sound from one pipe on each side, I would be very interested.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Kerker

Post by EMS »

O.K., let's try this again. I am a little confused with the terminology here:

Header: Exhaust pipe from cylinder head to Collector

Collector: Reducer piece from 2 into 1, 3 into 1 etc, connecting header

and muffler, sometimes part of either

Muffler (silencer): Can containing baffles or packing, slips on connector

The stock CBx exhaust is all one piece on each side, except for the No2 and No5 header pipe.

What is the Kerker 6:1 from Tim's? Does it come complete? Do you have to buy a DG header? Or do you have to CUT your stock exhaust and use your own headers????

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

On page 4 of TIMS catalog there is a set of pipes at the top of the page called the Kerker 6:1 competition exhaust. That's what I have as an extra set of pipes. part# EXH 264. The "can" I mentioned is the muffler (and) the collector piece. The six pipes are individual pieces. Like I said, I've been told that the six individual pipes are DG, and maybe? the collector piece, but the muffler is Kerker. On the same page is a set of DG pipes that appear to be a single unit, advertised as a "street exhaust". TIMS doesn't mention the individual pipes as being DG units but most everyone I run into with an opinion says they are.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Kerker

Post by EMS »

A-Haa! :idea: This is it. we should be set now! Thanks for clarifying this :!:

george g
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by george g »

I received the catalogue about 2 weeks ago and sent them an email requesting price information on the 17th. Earlier this week I left a voice message and to date no reply!?

Great looking catalogue mind you.
Later!

George.

andy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by andy »

I'm going to get me one of those S. African all SS 6-6 pipes when my ship comes in. Was informed they are better quality than Pipemasters 6-6. Anybody have an opinion in comparing those 6-6 systems?
75 Kawa F7, 71 CB500-4, 79 750F, 82 750 Sabre, 83 Suzuki XN85 TURBO, 81 CBX, 69 CB750 X 14 (like those old Honda's a little)

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

They sure Look nice Image

The one person I know who has a set says they sound awesome as well.

ALL stainless as opposed to the PipeMasters, which have a stainless muffler, but chromed steel headpipes - These are cheaper too!

The BIG downside is that you have to remove one bank just to pull the axle to get the rear tire off - Better carry a can of Fix-A-Flat!!!

Don

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

axle pullage....

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey Don,

All you gotta do is loosen the axle nut,tensioners,and flip the tensioners down,then pull the chain adjuster stoppers out of the swingarm after disconnecting the brake anchor arm and the whole mess should roll out the back without too much trouble.Works great! 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Rear Wheel Change

Post by EMS »

Provided you can lift it high enough to clear the rear fender. This method may not work with the bike on the centerstand.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

rear wheel removal

Post by sr71cbx »

-----Yes,the wheel should come right out if you cock it a bit sideways on the way out,it should still clear any pipes,etc.,I am able to get out the 6"wide tire on the turbo bike with no problems at all.

Thanx just the same for the tip! :) 8)

Leon

Exhaust's

Post by Leon »

I am based in Cape Town, South Africa and have used a lot of the powerflow stainless pipes's. They make a six into six as per the picture that Don has shown which I took at the springbok rally in 2002 and that bike won the concorse. Further they make a nice standard system copy as per photo of the A that I have just completed. There are two way's that the system is supplied. Either as the three headers into a collector and then a separate silencer or as a seperate silenser colector in one and loose header's. The reason for the socound option is if you sill have good original header's they can still be used. I can have never had a problem with these pipes. For any further pic's mail me on ltc@inds-ct.co.za.

[/img]

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”