Some Photos Not Viewable

Ask questions about how the Forums work. (Please read FAQ in header/top of this page first)
panteradave
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Some Photos Not Viewable

Post by panteradave »

Sometimes photos posted in messages show up only as a big black box with a red X and the words 'you are not authorized to view this photo'. Other posts have photos that i can see just fine.

Is there some setting that will let me see the photos with the big red X?

Dave
Dave Bell

1982 CBX
2000 BMW K1200LT

1972 Detomaso Pantera GTS
2005 Acura NSX
2008 Roush F-150

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Some Photos Not Viewable

Post by NobleHops »

panteradave wrote:Sometimes photos posted in messages show up only as a big black box with a red X and the words 'you are not authorized to view this photo'. Other posts have photos that i can see just fine.

Is there some setting that will let me see the photos with the big red X?

Dave
Hi Dave,

Glad your fork issue seems to be resolved. Not to spend your dough, but I do think you would love what RaceTech gold valves would do for them :-).

If you can furnish an example post (copy/paste the url) I'll look at it, but most likely it's a stale link to someone's photo on their external photo hosting site, and if that's the case there's nothing I can do about it except edit the post to remove the link.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

panteradave
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by panteradave »

Here's a url with sample un-viewable photos: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7304

How do I find out more about the RaceTech Gold valves - what are they, availability, cost, etc.

Dave
Dave Bell

1982 CBX
2000 BMW K1200LT

2005 Acura NSX
2008 Roush F-150

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

Those photos all show up fine for me - I'm guessing it may be something with your computer . . . . can you check them on another?

Don

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

panteradave wrote:Here's a url with sample un-viewable photos: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7304

How do I find out more about the RaceTech Gold valves - what are they, availability, cost, etc.

Dave
Hey Dave,

Yeah, I can see those photos even if I'm not logged-in, which usually means it's not a permissions thing. I'll take a harder look at your account and see if I can find any reason that you would have something odd in your forum account setup. Stand by please.

Re RaceTech, go to the source: http://racetech.com/page/id/56

Far right on that page. I think Matt Wiley is the guy you want to speak to, but just call them up and they'll get someone. They are simply drop-in valves that augment our crude damper rod fork internals, emulating some of the function of a more modern 'cartridge' fork internal mechanism. From a functional point of view they will make a very big improvement in the damping characteristics of the fork, quiet down fork and chassis oscillations, improve handling and control, and may reduce tire cupping. They are not hard to install although an adapter must be provided for our forks and the damper rod holes get drilled out a bit too. You'll want to make certain the bike is also sprung correctly for your weight. Wheeee! It's fun spending your cash! :laughing-lettersrofl:

N.
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

OK, sorry about that Dave, that was on our end. You should be all set now. On registration the forum software asks folks to confirm that they are over a certain age and some folks don't notice it as they setup accounts. It's an easy and common mistake. When that happens it sets some limits on the account, including seeing photos. Found and fixed.

N.
Nils Menten

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

It may be his PC monitor that is set-up wrong. Also, remember, Terry Lawley got so frustrated about that, that he quit the site.

panteradave
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by panteradave »

I still can not view certain photos (the red X in a black box thing), including the photos in the previous url. This happens regardless of which computer or monitor I'm using.

Do I need to do something different or activate something since you fixed the 'under 18' parameter (actually my wife suggested putting it back the way it was as under 18 was a more accurate reflection of my true mental and emotional state).

Dave
Dave Bell

1982 CBX
2000 BMW K1200LT

2005 Acura NSX
2008 Roush F-150

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

panteradave wrote:I still can not view certain photos (the red X in a black box thing), including the photos in the previous url. This happens regardless of which computer or monitor I'm using.

Do I need to do something different or activate something since you fixed the 'under 18' parameter (actually my wife suggested putting it back the way it was as under 18 was a more accurate reflection of my true mental and emotional state).

Dave
Log out and then log back in Dave and tell me what happens...

N.
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:It may be his PC monitor that is set-up wrong. Also, remember, Terry Lawley got so frustrated about that, that he quit the site.

I wrote:

<grumbling, unproductively, about ancient history, since elided>

Sorry folks.

N.
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

NilsMenten wrote:
panteradave wrote:I still can not view certain photos (the red X in a black box thing), including the photos in the previous url. This happens regardless of which computer or monitor I'm using.

Dave
Log out and then log back in Dave and tell me what happens...

N.
Nevermind, I needed to do one other thing. I tested your permissions, you're all set now.

N.
Nils Menten

panteradave
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by panteradave »

Everything is working correctly now - all photos viewable.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave Bell

1982 CBX
2000 BMW K1200LT

2005 Acura NSX
2008 Roush F-150

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member