How do I add multiple pictures to my post

Ask questions about how the Forums work. (Please read FAQ in header/top of this page first)
6Pipes
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

How do I add multiple pictures to my post

Post by 6Pipes »

I can add one picture with no trouble but when I go back to the gallery for the second one, I lose my post and have to start over. What am I doing wrong?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: How do I add multiple pictures to my post

Post by EMS »

You have to add each picture separately. Make a post, add a picture, save your post, go back and edit.
OR: You can save the picture links in a separate word document or on a notepad. Then edit your post and copy and paste all the picture links. Sounds too difficult? :o It isn't. 8) It's just my description. :-)

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:You have to add each picture separately. Make a post, add a picture, save your post, go back and edit.
OR: You can save the picture links in a separate word document or on a notepad. Then edit your post and copy and paste all the picture links. Sounds too difficult? :o It isn't. 8) It's just my description. :-)
Personally I find it fastest and easiest to use an online photo service - Smugmug in my case. I upload my photos into galleries there, get links to the photos, paste the links into my posts with the "Img" tag. As Mike says, sounds fiddly, but once you do it a few times, it gets fast.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The only reason, I don't like using outside photo services for a web-site is: If you or somebody else decides to do something with the photos in the hosting spot, they disappear in the posts. As long as you link to photos in the forum galleries, they remain with the site.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:The only reason, I don't like using outside photo services for a web-site is: If you or somebody else decides to do something with the photos in the hosting spot, they disappear in the posts. As long as you link to photos in the forum galleries, they remain with the site.
Yes, I absolutely agree, it is better for the knowledge base to upload them here. I wish it were a bit less fiddly, not much I can do about it.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

6Pipes
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by 6Pipes »

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Return to “Help Desk Questions for Using Forum”