tires to wheels to chains to chain lubes........???

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

tires to wheels to chains to chain lubes........???

Post by sr71cbx »

Hey all,
I like using Maxima's Chain Wax chain lube,it doesn't fling and stays around quite nicely.It has the consistency of cosmoline when dry on the chain and works great when it is applied after a ride when the chain is still warm(most chain lubes recommend that form of application!) :)
Any other opinions/recommendations out there? :?:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Check out the change in the 501 Post title. I modified it to accomodate the replies. On (this) title, I now use Pro Honda HP Chain Lube. Sprays on clear and isn't blue and sticky like the PJ-1 stuff I used to use. Stays on the chain very well. BTW, I'm still using the 630 chain with master link and original gearing.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

Use the chain wax also......haven`t found anything better.

John S. (5594)
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Chain Lube

Post by John S. (5594) »

From experience - I have found the Blue Label PJ-1 chain lube to be one of the best available. I recall a comparison test on chain lubricants in one of the more popular rags (Motorcycle Consumer News - Sept. 2001) that mirrored my opinion.

From memory however - I recollect that MCN ranked "Black Label" PJ-1 chain lube number one ("Blue Label" PJ-1 is designated for o-ring chains - "Black Label PJ-1 for non o-ring chains). Perhaps a subscriber here could check their back issue to see what gives?

With modern o-ring motorcycle chains - I believe that most any lubricant will help (that is - lubricants that do not damage the o-rings) - and also believe that keeping the chain/sprockets clean and properly adjusted are both more important than using any specific type/brand of lubricant.

All the best,

John
San Jose, California
Last edited by John S. (5594) on Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

cb1100f
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cb1100f »

None of that fancy stuff for me thanks! I use regular red can Honda brand. It seems to works fine.
[b]Glenn[/b]

'83 CB1100F , '82 CBX, '94 Wife

[url=http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1524][color=blue][b]Here's the CBF FAQs[/b][/color][/url]

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”